Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

New project (drivable ice chest..??..)

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New project (drivable ice chest..??..)

I have a briggs motor in the shed that runs great and was trying to think of a fun project to use it on. I am wanting to make something that can be used in the pits when we go camping or riding. Something to hop on and run down to the showers, etc.

I thought about a motorized ice chest like this one:

What are some other ideas that would be fun to build? Any info would be appreciated.

i like it. you will be known at the camp site as man with many visions.... looks good...

Comment

I think it would be a fun project and practical. Anyone have any pointers or suggestions?

Comment

cruisincoolers.com, has a few models you can look at. No plans to build one though, I was actually thinking about making one of these pretty soon. I like the look of the one in your pic.

Comment

Thanks for the link. Keep the info coming.

Comment

those are cool, i chose to build a barstool racer personally. course i cant leave the cooler out so im building a small trailer to pull behind it that can haul my cooler or anything i could fit on the deck.

not finished but is ride able. never mind the clear plastic bottle, that was my testing fuel tank. i built one out of some aluminum but wasn't happy with the way it came out so back to the drawing boards on that part.

its a HOOT though, it wheelies AND i chase cars around the neighborhood doing 35mph.
            Last edited by joey2589; 10-30-2010, 07:08 AM.

Comment

I have seen the barstool racers quit a bit. I am still thinking about what I want to do. It will probably be a while before I start on mine.

Comment

Sprockets, chain, pulleys and belts...

I found this website a couple months ago. They will have ALL the necessary hardware to get your project off the ground. check it out, and post many pics when you are done!

http://www.sdp-si.com/eStore/CoverPg/Gears.htm

Comment

Originally posted by Daniel A. Jones View Post
                  I found this website a couple months ago. They will have ALL the necessary hardware to get your project off the ground. check it out, and post many pics when you are done!

http://www.sdp-si.com/eStore/CoverPg/Gears.htm
                  Thanks. Like I said, it will be a while before I get started

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.