Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

The forum is currently undergoing maintenance and is in a 'read-only' mode for the time being. Sorry for the inconvenience.

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Handy filler rod holder idea.

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Handy filler rod holder idea.

Dont ya get sick of always having to go look for the right filler rod when your tiggin stuff up? Do you get frustrated if you happen to pick up the wrong type and you blow that really expensive one shot deal for the client who is standing just out of arc sight waiting for you to finish your process?

Well I have the answer to your problems, its simple, portable, and always withing reach.. you can have one for every torch you own...

If you have alook at the attached photo, you too can own one of thse really neat filler rod holders and make your life soooooo much easier............................................ .......

patent pending.
    Attached Files

Oh man..

You guys must be taking pictures of me. I told you guys that I would have to improve just to suck at tig. Hey I am getting better.

Good one...

TacMig

Comment

how did u weld the filler to the tungsten?

Comment

Originally posted by migman69 View Post
        how did u weld the filler to the tungsten?
        If i told you, i'd havta......

It just happened. got too close to the puddle, the arc shorted out and tadda....

Comment

handy holder

Originally posted by SignWave View Post
          If i told you, i'd havta......

It just happened. got too close to the puddle, the arc shorted out and tadda....
          signwave you stole my idea, i invented this years ago when i was trying to learn this great trade called welding. sometimes i think you have to much time on your hands and no body will play with you,ha,ha,ha

Comment

Originally posted by safetydave View Post
            signwave you stole my idea, i invented this years ago when i was trying to learn this great trade called welding. sometimes i think you have to much time on your hands and no body will play with you,ha,ha,ha
            Hahahahahaaaa!!! finders keepers!!!

And what you talkin' bout'?!?! I may have time on my hands and thats only cuz its christmas and if no one wants to play with me... I can always play with myself ! hehehehehe...

Comment

I think that's for tiggin around corners

Comment

handy filler holder

Originally posted by SignWave View Post
                Hahahahahaaaa!!! finders keepers!!!

And what you talkin' bout'?!?! I may have time on my hands and thats only cuz its christmas and if no one wants to play with me... I can always play with myself ! hehehehehe...
                you is a funny man, my next question is how do i get things to post such as some pics of my stuff ?

Comment

That was funny - I really enjoyed that one.

Comment

and to think i waisted all that time labeling separate tubes to keep filler in, and all i had to do was label the torch and stick the filler to it.

Comment

Were you holding the rod bare-handed?

Comment

well you could easy do a 90 degree angle weld or get into to tight corner with it

Comment

As always I got a good laugh out of one of your post. If you wan't to try somthing fun take a metal coffee can or large dia. pipe with one end caped off and make a hole about 1" up from the bottm on the side. Fill it to about 1/2" full of flower and stick a burning candle inside. Take an unlit cutting torch and stick the tip inside the hole and hit the cutting lever. O, and make sure you do it out side (unless you have 20' ceilings). It's realy awsome at night.

Comment

I got one of those holders for free when I bought my tig machine!

Comment

i thought i was the only one who was that good at tiggin

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.