Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

The forum is currently undergoing maintenance and is in a 'read-only' mode for the time being. Sorry for the inconvenience.

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

line bore job

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• line bore job

I have an line bore job coming up next week. It will be the first time i have used my set up since converting the thing to hydraulic drive. My new to me truck has auxiliary ports on it.
    The job will not be any thing to major my understanding is that it will be pivot points on some kind of lift.
    I didn't know if you fine folks would be interested in something like that or not.
    If there is interest i will try and take pics and post the job if no one is in to it then i wont wast my time.

Take pics. Please.

Comment

i'll second that it would be cool to see

Comment

Being a Machinist i love to see other peoples work...Bob

Comment

I'll third the take pics.

Please.

Comment

Boring, but what the heck, I think it would be great.

Comment

i like pictures of holes

Comment

Originally posted by stugots View Post
                i like pictures of holes

ME TOOOOOOOO............ oh wait i think we are talking about two different "holes" here

Railmen

Comment

Originally posted by stugots View Post
                  i like pictures of holes
                  sometimes one only has to look into a mirror

Comment

Yes, monte, somebody offers to post pictures of a process you don't see too often, first thing you can think of is some BS.

I can recall, a long-time member, what board I don't remember, probably SFT, a guy setting up a line-bore, to repair a wobbled out center pivot on an center-pivot articulated cat loader. As I recall, welded in bearing mounts, used a screw-conveyor gearbox, held it all up with a chain-fall. Cheap, fast, efficient.

Comment

I too would like to see pictures. Couple times over the years I've turned cranes over to line bore guys to repair the heel pin holes in the boom. The operation would be done over a weekend, so I never stuck around to see how it was done. Would be very interesting to see, with detailed informations of what is being done!

Comment

I recall, a few years ago, there was a guy here who did a very professional, home-grown line-bore job. Posted pics on one of these boards, it was JHall if I remember correctly. Center pivot on an articulated Cat loader. Mounted bearings top and bottom, had a 2" boring bar fabbed by a local machine shop, held it up and fed it in with an overhead chain fall, turned it with what looked like a Dodge Screw-Conveyor drive. Could'a been posted on SFT, do a search.

Comment

Recalling it now, it was either username "JHall" or "Jeff", depending on the forum, do a search monte, this is amazing work, you yourself wouldn't have any concept.

Comment

Originally posted by dppmfg View Post
                            I have an line bore job coming up next week. It will be the first time i have used my set up since converting the thing to hydraulic drive. My new to me truck has auxiliary ports on it.
                            The job will not be any thing to major my understanding is that it will be pivot points on some kind of lift.
                            I didn't know if you fine folks would be interested in something like that or not.
                            If there is interest i will try and take pics and post the job if no one is in to it then i wont wast my time.
                            I would ask if you wanted any help but I have to leave monday for Illinois I got your PM but I been to busy to give ya a call. I'll catch up with ya one of these days.
                            Take care,
                            Tim

Comment

lineboring

What kind of bar do you use? I use a YORK and really like it,but I love my BORETECH bore welder.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.