Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

tube benders

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tube benders

I would like to buy a tubing bender for the shop I work at but Im not sure wich way to go. the majority of the work I will be doing will be with 1" to 2" tube but it would be nice to be able to use it for smaller stuff as well. I have looked at the hossfeld but it would end up being out of my price range with all of the dies for it. I dont want to spend anymore that about $1000 for the whole setup.

Take a look at these. I have a hydraulic model 4 but if you don't mind bending manually for awhile you could get the model 3 and some dies for less than $1000.00 and add hydraulics later if you wish.
    http://www.tricktools.com/model_3_bender.htm

Comment

protools makes a good one. So does JD2. The model 3 as show in the post above is good. The manuel benders are about the same style so it is just a brand preference. I got the protools one because it was made out of thicker metal.(1/2" insteaed of 3/8").

Comment

Here's a link from a previous post. It requires a little diy, but if you're here - that shouldn't be too big of a deal.

http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showt...ht=pipe+bender
        Last edited by jkmola; 12-22-2007, 08:54 AM.

Comment

bender

Originally posted by ace4059 View Post
          protools makes a good one. So does JD2. The model 3 as show in the post above is good. The manuel benders are about the same style so it is just a brand preference. I got the protools one because it was made out of thicker metal.(1/2" insteaed of 3/8").
          how do you like this bender? I plan on buying one soon.

Comment

I bought the American Bender version of the #2 Hossfeld (direct copy). The guy is good to deal with. I think the basic bender is about $800 and comes with tooling to do flat bar and solid square/round. I bought 1" square and round dies for about $200ish each. I am sure the web page is WWW.americanbender.com, or somthing close to that, google if its not. High quality, good support.
            A

Comment

benders

i was looking at shop outfitters anyone have one of these

Comment

Originally posted by c neck View Post
                i was looking at shop outfitters anyone have one of these
                Yes.

Won't do 2" though

1-1/4" Max. but it does have accessories for Scroll work, Picket Twisting and baskets for Pickets.

Gonna set ya back about a 1,000.00 for the Bender and a couple of dies.

Comment

Originally posted by pollaccia View Post
                  how do you like this bender? I plan on buying one soon.
                  I like it. It bends the thinner stuff with no problem. i bent some 1.75" by .134" wall DOM tube with it and I had to have a cheater to do it. A friend did some 1.5" by .250" wall DOM tube with it. Now that was a little scarry. He used the tube for a track bar on his jeep.

So on the thinner stuff .125" wall and less it work great. But on the thicker stuff you kinda struggle with it for a full 90 degree bend.

As far as protools vs. the JD@.
                  The JD2 has a nicer handle but protools makes there out of thicker metal (the HD model)

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.