Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

The forum is currently undergoing maintenance and is in a 'read-only' mode for the time being. Sorry for the inconvenience.

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Decorative Room Divider

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Decorative Room Divider

Also on the Hobart Projects Forum:

I did this job about 6 years ago, when all I had was a borrowed MM130 and .035 FCAW. But I finally got a digital picture of it in my E-mail from visiting the customer recently, and thought you guys might like to see it.

The arches are 3/4" square tubing, bent around a plywood circle that I made for the purpose. Then, 3/4 x 1/8" flat bar ties it all together and makes the frames for the two different sizes of castings. The aluminum castings were trimmed to shape when needed by a 4-1/2" grinder with 1/8" wheel.

The base of each leg has two bolts into concrete anchors and the high side is also screwed to a wall stud. The seam when the legs of the arches meet is also covered with 3/4" flat.

Finish was Rust-Oleum primer followed by Rust-Oleum Metallic Gold, all by rattlecan.
    Attached Files

Nice job Mac, some forget that much can be done with a small fcaw feeder and some time. Here is a picture of my first project, one side used to hold a portabote, hence the divided top. It was done with my first real welder, a HH135 using .030 -gs wire, & 16ga tubing mostly. I really didn't have much of an idea of what I was doing but with the help of some the original Hobart board members it got done. Its still on the truck and doing fine so far. BTY, are those real plastic covers on those side chairs behind the screens? Too cool.
    Attached Files

Comment

Hey mac looks outstanding keep up the graet posts thanks

Comment

Working...
      X
      Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.