Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

OT Name/Address sign with Harley theme

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OT Name/Address sign with Harley theme

A guy contacted me and wanted me to make a custom sign for him on my CNC machine. Being the guy and his friend are bikers, he wanted the Name/Address sign on a Harley type shield. The sign is 11 inches high and about 18 inches wide. The wood is poplar and the customer will stain and finish it. It was cut with a 90 degree V bit. The customer was buying it for a wedding gift for his buddy and was pleased with the results.

Nick
    Attached Files

Looks great monte, I bet its gonna look awesome when its stained and has a little treatment to make the letters jump out at ya.

Nice work.

Comment

Thanks Tom. He may use the "Harley" colors on the shield

Comment

That is sweet looking. I'de like one of those. Could you ship Canada??

Comment

I'm sure I can but I don't know the cost. In the USA it probably cost around $12 USD to ship. My zip is 64083. Interested in one?

Comment

Yes I would, I have one like this but not as nice as this one. I'de have to figure what I'd like in the sheild, I'm thinking my street address with the number straight thru so I could put a transparent cloudy insert and some lighting in the back. Solar light style. I'll scribe something and you could tell me if you can reproduce.
            Thanks

Comment

That's really cool Monte.

Have you ever considered something made with a combination of a hardwood & metal using your machine to do the wood & perhaps blued or heat colored metal for accents?

Having that CNC router is a big feather in your cap so to speak for stuff like this. The possibilities are endless.

I was blown away at the detail of construction you put into it.

Nice!

BTW, your ironwork is quite nice to say to least. I love that ring rolling machine.
              Last edited by 7A749; 09-23-2010, 06:08 AM.

Comment

Thank for the nice words. The CNC is really cool to mess with. The Design program
                I bought is really good also. It will let me do 3d relief work. The cnc build was fun and I learned a lot.
                Nick

Comment

Working...
                X
                Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.