Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

The forum is currently undergoing maintenance and is in a 'read-only' mode for the time being. Sorry for the inconvenience.

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rebar on a Bar B Q Grill ??

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rebar on a Bar B Q Grill ??

Anyone ever use rebar on a grill? We have a lot of 1/2" & 5/8" and two 30" fire pits. I don't know if the rebar will sag when it gets hot??

jim

Rebar works great for grills. It will sag, so just put a couple of cross pieces under the grill surface. My dad has a grill made of 1/2" that is 3' long and 2' wide. It has two cross bars and not a single bar has done any sagging.

Comment

Does the beef stick to bumps on the bar, any time i've heated rebar to bend it, it gets all flakey, is this a problem.

Comment

or you could use 1/2 round soild stock or 3/8 or whatever size wanted

Comment

rebar

no reason it won't work. i've done the same thing

Comment

No, I think I would pass on this. It has been tried by many cities and states and it has some disadvantages. It does sag and overall does not hold up to heat real well, especially so if you are doing some large cooking.

It does flake a bit, but does put some iron in your blood.

It will also burn out fairly fast if used often.

That said, if its a small BBQ and you are just going to throw on a few burgers from time to time go ahead and use it. But if you live down south, like where I come from (Texas) where we BBQ just about year round, you will not find many folks using it and no one using it again.

Comment

Working...
            X
            Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.