Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

The forum is currently undergoing maintenance and is in a 'read-only' mode for the time being. Sorry for the inconvenience.

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

project help!

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• project help!

Hello, I am a highschool student and i am taking welding and I need a project plan (drawing, measurements etc) but I have no idea what to do! i would like to maybe build a desk or something for my room please help!

Take it one step at a time, make it easy on yourself.
    1. How big do you need it? length, width, how high.
    2. Looks for the material you need. Tube legs, round sq ect. Material for the top. Material for the frame again what type of tube ect.
    How do you want to fasten the legs to the frame or top. Weld or bolt?
    3.Drawers or no drawers.
    4. Look around on the net for a steel desk and get some ideas or even ebay. Just my thoughts...Bob

Comment

yeah... well idk throw some ideas at me, like I said i ahve no idea what i want to do, i was orginally thinking a locker of some type. ummm I have a hockey jersey i've wanted to do something with. but like I said jsut throw some idea out at me. I would like to build a trailer for my dirt bikes but have no idea what to do for that. Just run some ideas past me and i'll see if I like them. but here are my 3 top ideas and if possible would like someone to run a design by me. Desk for my computer, a Safe or a trailer
      Last edited by hunterharp; 09-11-2010, 10:40 PM.

Comment

Why not visit our projects gallery...........lots of ideas

Comment

Talk with your teacher - I'm sure you're not the first student they've had with that problem. They may have a set of "known good"plans (that fit the capabilities of the shop,etc)

Frank

Comment

wow you got a cool shop kid

at my old HS first second and most of third year you had structured project unless you could prove you know what your doing and wont break or damage the equipment cause my school shop was shutdown years before i got there the teach bought all the equipment and ran it like fab shop students were payed to build him 45' horse trailers in the 3 and 4th year classes and night classes.

ya check out the projects section i built a small flat deck trailer for project cars, or my dirt bikes or anything that didnt fit in the truck bed.

Comment

Working...
            X
            Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.