Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lift Arc vs engine drive tig.

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lift Arc vs engine drive tig.

Can anyone compare set up and functionality between say a CST 280 set for Lift Arc tig, and a Bobcat 225 set to Tig? is it essentially the same thing? Is the arc start the same or am I missing something? If I only want to do DC Tig from the Bobcat 225 I dont need any high frequency component do I? just the same setup as the CST?

Set up for the CST and Bobcat are the same with the same torch, etc. The main difference is that the CST has lift arc which keeps the current and voltage low until an arc is struck, then it will go to preset current. The Bobcat does not have lift arc so it will go to preset current while scratch starting which leads to the tip of the Tungsten sticking into the base material. I hope this answered your question.

Comment

Working...
    X
    Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.