Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

auto cad

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• auto cad

what do you guys recamend for a auto cad program

Ya, thats a good one.
    AutoCAD that is.

Comment

solidworks or autocad inventer but it depends on the work you do if its machining you need mastercam or surfcam type software or just 2d flat layouts theres free software on google but for 3d or models or parts soildworks is the best and easiest to use

Comment

i use via cad 2d 3d is also available. im new at this stuff and there support has been great it cost me 50.00cad at staples

Comment

AutoCAD, imo will never leave the industry. I've used it at almost every job I've had, and can see it being used everywhere, in every type of work, so it's really really good to know, but as far as ease of use. It's REALLY REALLY simple to pick up, and makes life soooo much easier.

For 3D based work, I started with Inventor so I may be biased towards it, but it is, in my opinion, much better to use then solidworks. Solidworks complains too much, and it's soo picky, but inventor seems to understand more of what you're trying to do, and it will do it. Whereas solidworks will just give you some stupid error and make you go search the internet to find out what it was.

Comment

yes solidworks is more picky about its geometry but generally is what i prefer although i do like inventor its out of my budget to get a new edition every release to get major fixes or addins were as solidworks and camworks work great and i get free release updates.

when inventor gets a integrated cam generator ill invest in it more

Comment

I took a cad class in college back in 03, and used Solid Edge, its good for 3D drawings, and i found it pretty easy to pick up. However, like mentioned AutoCAD is pretty much the industry standard, and isn't going anywhere anytime soon. I've used that, as well, and my dad being an architect he uses it as well (the architectural version)

Comment

Working...
              X
              Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.