Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bobcat attachment Trailer mover

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bobcat attachment Trailer mover

I've been reading about stuff everyone makes or fixes, and I thought I would share my latest creation. I recently bought a nice used small Bobcat for lifting and other odd jobs. It only had a bucket when I bought it. The "Bob-Tach" quick dis-connect that is on the back of the attachments (that you can weld on to another attachment) cost $220 at Bobcat, so I fabricated 2 of my own. I started with a set of pallet forks. I bought the used carriage and 36" forks for $175, and eyeballed the back of the bucket, and copied it. Then I got bored the other day and decided to make a trailer mover mount. It's nice being able to swap attachments for the right job. Anyway, I have learned a lot on this site, and thanks for all the great ideas!
    Attached Files

that bobcat looks pretty new but good job on the forks you could make them longer i made a set for my forklift that were 60in long to lift and move 4x8 sheets of steel, AL, or plywood but it makes unloading big sheets way easier

Comment

Nice Job!

Looks good and nice little Bobcat you got there, nice and clean. That sure would be handy to have around here. Got to make some forks for a buddy of mines case skidloader. If you get a chance , post some more pics - everyone likes pictures around here
      Last edited by willy; 09-09-2010, 06:58 PM. Reason: addition

Comment

More pics

You asked for more pictures, so here are a few... The rough looking Bobcat is what it looked like when I bought it. After some clean up, pressure washing, paint and new emblems, I think I'm through for a while. I originally fabricated a fork mounted trailer mover, but it was just too far away, not allowing me to pick up and move heavier trailers. That's why I made the new one in the previous pics. I like being able to load my Bluestar 185DX in the back of my truck so easy now too! Thanks for the positive responses..
        Attached Files

Comment

great work on the repaint did you disassemble it and repaint or just leave it together you should out a counterweight rack on the back and make interchangeable weights so when you lift a big load like that blue star it doesn't tip.

i made a semi changeable rack for the back of the CAT trackloader we use to rebuild and maintain BMX and four-cross tracks around my area we tipped it with a load of red clay dirt lifted up but that has some weight too it

also is it single sided control or dual joysticks for there wheeloaders ive only run track loaders

sorry the pic is before we added the rack ill see if i can grab my POS camera and get a shot or two o it next race day
          Attached Files
          Last edited by cncmachinist; 09-12-2010, 02:18 PM.

Comment

I have considered the counterweight idea, but I haven't had a need yet. It picks up the BlueStar with no problem. I try not to drive too crazy while loading it though... The repaint was while it was together. I mainly opened everything up, pressure washed, cleaned out a couple of wasp nests, bird nests, and pine needles, and did a lot of touch up along with new emblems. My little toy is no comparison to your big machine. I park my mini Bobcat in front of my welding table in my garage/shop at night. It's all I really need as a lifting helper/small job machine. It looks like you need your monster for what you do with it. Nice loader...
            Attached Files

Comment

the 277 is part mine i dont have near enough to buy one its shared a the track if you dont need the counterweights they get in the way we use them cause we need it so its handy if you do alot but when your not it gets in the way

but you can park it in your garage mine will scrape the garage door or you can fit it in your truck bed i had to build a trailer for ours

Comment

CNC, instead of longer forks on that little machine, why not just make some slide-on fork extenders for the occasions when he's loading plywood? Works for me and my old Model 630.

Comment

thats what i mean its what i had but then when we used them more we just made a real set

Comment

I have a 16 ft. tandem with ramps when I move my 453. It would probably fit in the back of my chevy 2500hd, but that would be tricky for me, going that high, having 2500+ lbs. back there. I was lucky on the garage fit. I have a good 9 or 10 inches vertically to spare.

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.