Transformer or Inverter?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just picked up

I just picked up a Invertec 350 pro,and a ln 25 feeder,,from 2 seperate people,I who cant stand mig,have 40 frames 7 ft x 20 ft,6 x6 x 1/2 tubing,wont have time for the over head crane,so 2 jibs a nice clark 6500# fork truck from Pratt and whitney,Shucks,its a 89,and needed a new key swith,and a ballast resistor,So with there ,OPPS(Our Money) Way to old to repair,after they just went thru truck,some things wear out,as we do!!!!,Poof sold 2100 bucks. auto,cab,heat,AND A SEAT BELT!,Gov work.,,Air tire,cant spell pnematic,and a nice 18000# mini excavator,rubber track.

The guy with the feeder threw in 3 rolls of 1/16 inner shield,Just temp hooked it up,the Invertec will be hard wired,and the feeder on a cart Buddy of mine that owed a few bucks,droped off 200 ft in 25 ft lenghts ,with the lenco conectors on should work out nice!,WOW,will that sucker weld,Coming out of the dark ages is nice!!!!!!!

The ellis cuts great 45's, and leave a nice full corner weld,should have some pics with in the month,But that sucker will burn thru seeems like 1" plate,Made a Mig Liker out of a old stick man,and hardly any flipping,Cust picks up 10 at a time,Mini excavator sure comes in handy for loading,then they go,some place,get blasted,and some epoxy coating,Then Mounted in Down town Hartford,Ct.

That ought to be fun for the crane co,to shut down roads,as there also all threaded with a sign on! for the best word for a sign co!A Take off of the old Colt Building,which are being turned into Luxury condos,Yep,right on 91 is where i would want to plunk down a BIG pc of changeAnd there selling!

Cant believe how nice the invertec runs stick,Havent tried 1/4 yet,HMW,I found the Lincoln rod ran fantastic!!!!,,Sorry for the rant,Jack,and have plat form almost made for spraying the house Barn yard red in the spring,to match the shop,The color I wanted from day 1,so to keep the now ex to shut up,went with grey,,its a timber frame,should be barn red,,But looks like a reg. colonial from outside!,,Sorry done now!
    Attached Files

Comment

Storts,

Man, you got to get off the drugs.

I'm sure there was some good info in that posting, I just couldn't figure out what you said.
      Syncrowave 250 DX Tigrunner
      Dynasty 200 DX
      Miller XMT 304 w/714D Feeder & Optima Control
      Miller MM 251 w/Q300 & 30A SG
      Hobart HH187
      Dialarc 250 AC/DC
      Hypertherm PM 600 & 1250
      Wilton 7"x12" bandsaw
      PC Dry Cut Saw, Dewalt Chop Saw
      Milwaukee 8" Metal Cut Saw, Milwaukee Portaband.
      Thermco and Smith (2) Gas Mixers
      More grinders than hands

Comment

Originally posted by SundownIII View Post
        Storts,

I'm sure there was some good info in that posting, I just couldn't figure out what you said.

LOL....ha ha ha

I do like the excavator though. I cant tell, did you buy it or sell it??
        Scott
        HMW [Heavy Metal welding]

Comment

Which is it?

Storts,

Is the excavator a: invertor or transformer?

Just having fun..

TacMig
          We depend On:
          Miller | Esab | Lincoln | Fronius
          Baileigh | Drake | Eagle | Knuth
          Victor | Harris | Smith | Bessey
          Snap-On | Hilti | Ingersoll Rand
          Burco/Koco | Onan | BobCat
          Tracker | Infratrol | AmeriCast

We belong to or support:
          American National Standards Institute
          American Welding Society
          The Welding Institute
          Fabricators & Manufacturing Association Int'l.

Anderson & Co. LLC
          Metal Cr
          afters

Comment

transformer or inverter?

Thanks for the input. the inverter I was considering for my garage was the Dynasty 350. Only reason being is I do LOTS of tig and would like the option to weld heavier stuff[1/4 alum pipe to 1/4 plate] In my experience I would need this machine for the output or face having to use a smaller one[dyn 300 or so on.] and having to have it " pinned " and sit there for ever to preheat. Not especially cost or time effective.

trans machine doesn't seem to be an option for the sake of space, power consumption, portability, or even re-saleability.

I really appreciate all feed back on this, thanks guys. And gals

Not overly sold on the idea of buying used. Notorious bad luck has taught me not to bother with used stuff. Theres no way to know how that machine was actually treated.

Comment

an interesting convo...

A friend of mine came by the shop today to shoot some bull and one of his old time friends came by who I didn't know. He was probably in his mid to late sixties but in any event, he noticed "my corner of the shop" where I keep my gear separated from the paws of my shop monkey's. He noticed that I used for the most part transformer based machines and asked why I didn't use the smaller lighter inverters. Thinking about this thread I didn't have much to say (on my own) other than "This is gear I was brought up on". Thinking I was about to get a ration of "get into the times" man, he immediately pounced on the inverters as a inferior product. I don't have room here nor do I remember all that he said but the point and principle was: The inverter is a great piece of equipment when being used to power equipment but not as the power source itself. He further added that the inverter was never developed for a primary source of power and that the inverter can only replicate the transformer and inverters used to supply power to homes, boats and the like are based entirely on different principles of use...?

Just an interesting convo...

TacMig
              We depend On:

We belong to or support:
              American Welding Society
              The Welding Institute

Anderson & Co. LLC
              Metal Cr
              afters

Comment

inverter or trans

Can't teach an old dog new tricks. LOL

Comment

All I know is that I can't pick up a Syncrowave, carry across the shop and lock it up in the locker I built inside of a metal table... My Dynasty on the other hand.
                  Dynasty 200DX, first generation
                  Makita 5" grinder
                  Makita 14" abrasive saw
                  IR SS5L compressor
                  Whole bunch of hand/air tools.
                  and a wish list a mile long

Comment

What kind of welder are ya..?

Originally posted by shorerider16 View Post
                    All I know is that I can't pick up a Syncrowave, carry across the shop and lock it up in the locker I built inside of a metal table... My Dynasty on the other hand.
                    Com'on whimpy, I put my sync under my left arm my MM350 under the other and walk five miles to work everyday and then back home. Uphill both ways, snow, rain, bob wire fences and mind fields are but a few obstacles along my daily journey! And on top of all that my wife often calls to have me pick up some groceries on the way home.

Top that

TacMig
                    We depend On:

We belong to or support:
                    American Welding Society
                    The Welding Institute

Anderson & Co. LLC
                    Metal Cr
                    afters

Comment

Originally posted by tacmig View Post
                      Com'on whimpy, I put my sync under my left arm my MM350 under the other and walk five miles to work everyday and then back home. Uphill both ways, snow, rain, bob wire fences and mind fields are but a few obstacles along my daily journey! And on top of all that my wife often calls to have me pick up some groceries on the way home

Top that

TacMig
                      Careful there, I might have to school you and walk to your house from mine with an Aerowave balanced on my head and teach you some respect.
                      Dynasty 200DX, first generation
                      Makita 5" grinder
                      Makita 14" abrasive saw
                      IR SS5L compressor
                      Whole bunch of hand/air tools.
                      and a wish list a mile long

Comment

Aerowave balanced on my head and teach you some respect.
                        HA!! ive kept one of them under my hat for emergency's for years now. you young-ens think every thing is tuff.

ha ha ha ha!! you guys must have been listening to my grand pa.
                        thanks for the help
                        ......or..........
                        hope i helped
                        sigpic
                        feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. james@newyorkmetalart.com
                        summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
                        JAMES

Comment

Sorry,No Drugs

Storts,

My pee brain thinks faster than my terrible typing hands,

Bought the mini in Late Aug!,Sorry for the rant!,Jack

Comment

TAc

Originally posted by tacmig View Post
                            Is the excavator a: invertor or transformer?

Just having fun..

TacMig
                            With the power it has,you could call it anything!:,Jack

Comment

Working...
                            X