Miller 5th annual project challenge...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• yorkiepap
    started a topic Miller 5th annual project challenge...

Miller 5th annual project challenge...

Hey guys,
    I got a phone call from Nicole at Miller Welding this afternoon to inform me that my entry, the V8 Mailbox I posted here, was selected as one of the finalists in the Moderate Difficulty classification. To say I was semi-speechless would be an understatement. Unfortunately, extreme family complications do not allow me to go to Appleton, WI for the Shootoff and disqualifies my entry.

I want to extend my deepest gratitude & am honored to have been selected by the judges as one of the finalists. I can only say... THANK YOU MILLER!!!! The recognition of my project to be selected as a finalist is enough of a prize...... you made my day.

Denny

Here's the pic of my project...
    Attached Files

• wello
    replied
    congrats Denny

sorry you can't make it to get the gold

Leave a comment:

• willy
    replied
    Sorry you can't make it Denny but I understand a guy's got to take care of stuff at home before anything else. I'm sure its a great feeling that you were selected - you should be proud of that!

Wroughtnharv - congrats! Hope your wife is doing well and good luck at the showdown!

My phone will probably be ringing any minute for my invite.... ya right

Leave a comment:

• wroughtnharv
    replied
    We got the call from Nicole this morning. It is a day maker for sure. Mine is in the easy category.

Something most of you will appreciate goes along with this. A week ago this morning my wife was in surgery for a colon resection. I got her home Monday afternoon. I told Nicole I would have to talk to my wife before I commited to the event.

My wife's position was that if she had won a trip to be on the Oprah show and I couldn't go because of a work commitment she knew I wouldn't expect her to stay home. She saw this as being as much fun for me as being at an Oprah show would be for her.

Gotta luv the lady.

Leave a comment:

• duaneb55
    replied
    Congratulations on your project making the pick and sorry to hear you couldn't follow up on it.

Leave a comment:

• jrscgsr
    replied
    Congratulations! Sorry to hear you can't attend the showdown. I like the mailbox goodwork.

Leave a comment:

• Jigantor
    replied
    Well done Denny.
    Shame you can not go and pick up your trophy as that mail box is a winner.

Ji

Leave a comment:

Working...
X