Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone built a coffee table?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone built a coffee table?

Thinking of building a coffee table out of ss. Thinking of a thin sheet of #8 finish ss glued to 3/4 plywood and with highly polished ss legs of approximately 2 1/2" tubing. Anyone done something similar or have suggestions for such a project?

I have done tables but not like you are asking about... if you don't get any response here go here http://hobartwelders.com/weldtalk/forumdisplay.php?f=28

Jim

Comment

Will the top be polished also?

Comment

Originally posted by monte55 View Post
        Will the top be polished also?
        That is the plan. Can't see regular use scuffing it up.

PS. There are NO kids/pets in the house!

Comment

Are there certain questions you're looking to get answered? If anything is slid on the top, I'm sure eventually there will be some scuffing.

Comment

It doesn't take much to scuff a mirror finish unless it coated. Also consider the issue of where the table is placed. A glare from a window, lamp, or tv could be quite distracting.

Comment

We make tables with #4 finish all the time. A mirror finish would show any imperfections. Is it going to be round or sq/rec?

Comment

It would be rectangle. Haven't decided yet if I'll do it or not.

Comment

Working...
                X
                Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.