No announcement yet.

Power everywhere but no 220 230 or 240

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Without having 240, the little outlet adapter thing won't work. No two ways about it.

I also wired all of my double gang outlets on double legs so as to have 20A 240 available at every existing single phase outlet in the shop with the exception of an outlet mounted high on the wall for the stereo.

Since most of these circuits are on GFI's I'll need to replace those in the event I need to utilize this design, but that's all there is to it.
    Syncrowave 250DX
    Invison 354MP
    XR Control and 30A

Airco MED20 feeder
    Thermal Dynamics Cutmaster 81
    Smith O/A rig
    And more machinery than you can shake a 7018 rod at

Comment

Here's my take on this. Yep, you can combine 2 110 outlets for 220 if they are on different legs in the box. Would I do this he!! no. Let me go back to Tempraiser's first post. Would you be up to your knees in danger? I think so. I addressed your question but it doesn't matter since I'm not a mod here.

Tempraiser, are you a lawyer, aka Joe Buffalo?? If not, you should be!! You and he share so many qualities. He has the honor of being the one person on my ignore list.
      Jim

Comment

The more I read . . .

The more I read this thread I have to think . . . What does Tempriser really want, an answer . . . No I don't think so, this is merely a form of entertainment for an egghead engineer . . . .

Tempriser, this board is full of people who love to weld...some are pros, some are hobbiest from all walks of life . . . we all have friends, neighbors & co-workers to turn to for info on ANYTHING . . . .

Why is it so hard for you to accept that what you want to do is unsafe...

You do not tell us what your background is, ie . . profession or education.

Nor do you tell us your location . . . .

I THINK YOU ARE A TROLL ! ! ! !
        Millermatic 251
        Lincoln AC/DC "Tombstone"
        Milwaulkee Grinder 4 1/2"
        Clark Grinder 4 1/2"

Comment

I haven't said anything for a while. I really want to know if anyone has more experience with paralleling. I talked to the Miller guys and they didn't have a whole lot of information. Has anyone modified a pedal to control two tigs?

Comment

Do I Dare?!?!?

I was thinking about paralleling my wiener... A swift hack with the ol' axe and I might be able to pee into two seperate urinals.....from 10 feet away....
            Will it weld? I loooove electricity!

Miller 251/30A spool
            Syncro200
            Spectrum 625
            O/A
            Precix 5x10 CNC Router12"Z
            Standard modern lathe
            Cheap Chinese mill that does the trick... sort of...
            horizontal 7x12 bandsaw
            Roland XC540 PRO III
            54" laminator
            hammer and screwdriver (most used)
            little dog
            pooper scooper (2nd most used...)

Comment

Originally posted by tempraiser View Post
              Has anyone modified a pedal to control two tigs?
              Why on earth would you want to?
              Syncrowave 250DX
              Invison 354MP
              XR Control and 30A

Airco MED20 feeder
              Thermal Dynamics Cutmaster 81
              Smith O/A rig
              And more machinery than you can shake a 7018 rod at

Comment

Originally posted by SignWave View Post
                I was thinking about paralleling my wiener... A swift hack with the ol' axe and I might be able to pee into two seperate urinals.....from 10 feet away....:
                Hey, this is just like Volts, Amps and Watts. You might get a two for one deal but with half as much size the satisfaction is equal.
                Dynasty 200DX, first generation
                Makita 5" grinder
                Makita 14" abrasive saw
                IR SS5L compressor
                Whole bunch of hand/air tools.
                and a wish list a mile long

Comment

I think . . .

Hey guys maybe we should forward this thread to Homeland Security. Maybe he needs all this power for something other than "WELDING" . . . .

I think if I needed to weld that bad I would "fricking move . . .

You know we are supposed to be on the lookout anything odd, after all it's all those over educated foreign students building the road side bombs . . .

You know if someone in Florida would have it thought it odd that someone wanted to learn to fly an airliner only, not take off , not land . . . just fly

Wacko
                  Last edited by Wacko Welder; 12-17-2007, 09:56 PM.
                  Millermatic 251
                  Lincoln AC/DC "Tombstone"
                  Milwaulkee Grinder 4 1/2"
                  Clark Grinder 4 1/2"

Comment

I haven't said anything for a while. I really want to know if anyone has more experience with paralleling. I talked to the Miller guys and they didn't have a whole lot of information. Has anyone modified a pedal to control two tigs?
                    It could be done. I know I could do it. I've done crazier things.
                    XMT-300 with S-64 wire feeder.
                    Lincoln HI-FREQ modified to run XMT.
                    Esab PCM-875 plasma cutter.
                    Miller Spoolmatic-1
                    Miller PC-300 pulser
                    Miller Optima pulser

Comment

That does it,,,,,

This message is hidden because tempraiser is on your ignore list.

Comment

Hey temp, I know preety well the shape of a sine wave. You are the one who said there were two phases in a single phase system. I just thought you should educate yourself before making a further arse of youself. I too get into electrical conundrums from time to time, but I do as much research for myself as I can before I demand answers from the good hearted guys on the board, even then I don't demand, but ask!
                        Also, I'm with AnotherDano...

" 12-15-2007, 12:59 PM
                        tempraiser
                        This message is hidden because tempraiser is on your ignore list."
                        Last edited by walker; 12-18-2007, 11:51 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by walker View Post
                          Hey temp, I know preety well the shape of a sine wave. You are the one who said there were two phases in a single phase system. I just thought you should educate yourself before making a further arse of youself. I too get into electrical conundrums from time to time, but I do as much research for myself as I can before I demand answers from the good hearted guys on the board, even then I don't demand, but ask!
                          Also, I'm with AnotherDano...

" 12-15-2007, 12:59 PM
                          tempraiser
                          This message is hidden because tempraiser is on your ignore list."
                          Actually, there are two phases in a single phase system. Seldom will you see "single phase" referred to as "two phase" but there are indeed two phases.

Comment

Originally posted by griff01 View Post
                            Actually, there are two phases in a single phase system. Seldom will you see "single phase" referred to as "two phase" but there are indeed two phases.
                            I know that, and you know that, now who else is a believer?
                            XMT-300 with S-64 wire feeder.
                            Lincoln HI-FREQ modified to run XMT.
                            Esab PCM-875 plasma cutter.
                            Miller Spoolmatic-1
                            Miller PC-300 pulser
                            Miller Optima pulser

Comment

Originally posted by storts View Post
                              Hey,My bridge is almost sold!!!!!!!!
                              Is almost like close? If so the that only counts in horse shoes and grenades.
                              The definition of courage. "It's when you know you're licked before you begin, but you begin anyway and you see it through to the end no matter what." From "To Kill a Mockingbird"

Comment

Originally posted by griff01 View Post
                                So if I use a oscilloscope I'll see two waveforms?
                                The definition of courage. "It's when you know you're licked before you begin, but you begin anyway and you see it through to the end no matter what." From "To Kill a Mockingbird"

Comment

Working...
                                X