No announcement yet.

Power everywhere but no 220 230 or 240

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Attitude or no, first consult an electrician. Point and grunt at the welder. The electrician will tell you the cost of the installation. Then consult with owner of building for permission to let the electrician proceed. Don't forget to throw money at electrician and thank the owner afterward. Problem solved.
    Last edited by Steve; 12-15-2007, 03:21 PM. Reason: Spelling, Grammer, etc.

Comment

BTW...moderators don't really answer many questions here. They really are not the guys out in the field doing the work but instead providing the means for us to. There are exceptions. If you went over to the motorsports side and asked ANDY he may or may not answer you.
      A portable welder might be a much better solution for your situation tho seriously.

www.facebook.com/outbackaluminumwelding
      Miller Dynasty 700...OH YEA BABY!!
      MM 350P...PULSE SPRAYIN' MONSTER
      Miller Dynasty 280 with AC independent expansion card
      Miller Dynasty 200 DX "Blue Lightning"

Miller Bobcat 225 NT (what I began my present Biz with!)
      Miller 30-A Spoolgun
      Miller WC-115-A
      Miller Spectrum 300
      Miller 225 Thunderbolt (my first machine bought new 1980)
      Miller Digital Elite Titanium 9400

Comment

the miller guys will jump in if its a good question needing there help........this one dose not qualify. i suspect millers only reply would be as stated above by WACKO WELDER if they did.
        thanks for the help
        ......or..........
        hope i helped
        sigpic
        feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. james@newyorkmetalart.com
        summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
        JAMES

Comment

I bet no reply because he got a tongue lashing about his attitude, well deserved.
          Anyway, I hope everything turns out O.K. for him.
          Tim Beeker,
          T-N-J Industries
          (my side bussiness)

Miller Synchrowave 350LX with tigrunner
          Esab 450i with wire feeder
          HH135 mig
          Thermal Dynamics cutmaster 51 plasma cutter
          Miller aircrafter 330 - sold
          Marathon 315mm coldsaw
          vertical and horizontal band saws
          table saw
          Dewalt cut off saw
          Sand blast cabinet
          lots of hand grinders
          Harris torch
          beer fridge

Comment

Did anyone even read my post, or did they just make jokes based on what everyone else said? So far I've had one question answered: the maxstar 150 draws 28-30 amps on 110v at full power. Good. Somebody knows something. Suppose I could draw 20A at 220v (don't ask me where I'll find the outlet, and remember I can't install or modify wiring). Would that give me about 200w of output with my torch? I've also heard that the CST 250 (older model, no longer listed in the miller product list) tops out at 200 amps on single-phase, and NEEDS three-phase power to go any higher. Is this true?

Someone apparently misread my second message and dug up more arrogance than I put in.

Comment

No..... I'm prety sure everyones spot on about your attitude. You'r simply acting like a pompous a$$ and your being called on it. This kinda reminds me of the situation on the motor sports board with Joe Buffalo. Say, you arn't him with a new name are you?

Comment

I guess this means we don't have any former electricians on the forum. No answers, just hog-wash comments.

Comment

the maxstar on 240V at 150 amps 30% duty cycle, output draws,
                  TIG 14.2 amps
                  stick 21.6 amps
                  is that what you were loking for ??
                  good luck.
                  thanks for the help
                  ......or..........
                  hope i helped
                  sigpic
                  feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. james@newyorkmetalart.com
                  summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
                  JAMES

Comment

Thanks, but nobody answered my question about the CST 250.

Comment

Thanks, but nobody answered my question about the CST 250.

boy you just cant be helped.............
                      thanks for the help
                      ......or..........
                      hope i helped
                      sigpic
                      JAMES

Comment

I thanked you didn't I?

Comment

Congradulations!!! You are now the biggest A-hole I've ever met! Want to go for a guiness record here? I'm sure you've got what it takes, c'mon keep going. I know you can do it. It's not that much further. I have full faith in ya' pall!

Comment

Topic still needs a good resource

Comment

Originally posted by Anti-GMAW View Post
                              Congradulations!!! You are now the biggest A-hole I've ever met! Want to go for a guiness record here? I'm sure you've got what it takes, c'mon keep going. I know you can do it. It's not that much further. I have full faith in ya' pall!
                              I hope you weld better than you spell!

Comment

As a matter of fact I do. Now what where we talking about again? O Ya... Now I remember, if you'r wondering why no one realy cares to help you then maybe take a look at your second post (and pretty much ever other post preceeding it). Particularly the last sentance in post #2. If you still can't figure it out then all I have to say is open electrical boxes are fun to hug and if you flap you'r arms realy hard when jumping off a cliff you can fly. You shaould go try them.

Comment

Working...
                                X