What would you have paid for this?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

boat woes

hey signwave,im sorry but i cant even blieve you paid 3800 for that tub,but it is your money( ive got all kinds of great stuff up here for ya bud just bring yer wallet) all joking aside dont let this clown attempt to re negotiate .deal was done when you took the boat from his possession.plus the fact that you put time and money into it( i charge 125/hr to weld on aluminum so tell him he owes you some money back due to the bad shape it was in,but whatever you do dont feel sorry for him and watch yourself when hes aroundget him off your property asap and have him stay off, guy sounds like a wasted loser to me,best not to continue to associate with him good luck man and nice job restoring the boat youve got alot more patience than i do

Comment

Originally posted by SignWave View Post
      I did not pay this guy directly as he told me to pay the guy who was keeping the boat for him. Apparently the boat owner owed this guy's brother in law some money. I made an offer to the guy who was keeping the boat and he accepted.. end of story right? not so...
      personally i think he is just trying to be greedy. Figures I'll cave if he keeps annoying me..
      No bill of sale no title, you pay a 3rd party for a boat they don't own and you are currently investing money into repairs for a boat you do not legally own.
      STOP spend no more money because in the end he will get the boat back and you will lose everything.
      settle with this guy only if you can get the legal ownership cleared up
      Miller MM210
      Powcon 300ST
      Lincoln Weldanpower 225
      Century Mig 125GS
      Century 225 AC/DC Stick
      Hobart Rod Runner, Handler 210
      Smith O/A

Comment

Originally posted by gatkeper1 View Post
        No bill of sale no title, you pay a 3rd party for a boat they don't own and you are currently investing money into repairs for a boat you do not legally own.
        STOP spend no more money because in the end he will get the boat back and you will lose everything.
        settle with this guy only if you can get the legal ownership cleared up
        I couldn't have said it better. You would be money ahead to have the Water patrol officer check out the numbers on it and the motor to check for stolen.
        Also could have old liens on it. I really hate to say it but somehow I believe you are going to be a whole bunch smarter before this is over. That third party thing is your undoing and his saving grace...sorta like me selling your car to a stranger out of a parking lot. Not sure if you didn't break the law on that one. I realize everyone here is on your side and so am I but in court if he has papers that's all a judge is gonna look at.

DUDE...You GOTTA find out who that rig is registered to before you spend another dime. Possesion would be 9/10ths untill the third party thing got throwed in there as he didn't have legal authority. I never buy anything without the title in my hand.

www.facebook.com/outbackaluminumwelding
        Miller Dynasty 700...OH YEA BABY!!
        MM 350P...PULSE SPRAYIN' MONSTER
        Miller Dynasty 280 with AC independent expansion card
        Miller Dynasty 200 DX "Blue Lightning"

Miller Bobcat 225 NT (what I began my present Biz with!)
        Miller 30-A Spoolgun
        Miller WC-115-A
        Miller Spectrum 300
        Miller 225 Thunderbolt (my first machine bought new 1980)
        Miller Digital Elite Titanium 9400

Comment

dumb move from a smart guy...

yeah i know... Thats the clincher to this whole situ.. BUT, I do know where the boat came from, I know the history and I am aware that there is no paper work at all nor ios any part of this machine stolen.

So with that all in mind, I made the decision to purchase this tub. You can beleive me when I say I'm feeling a little foolish right now, but I suspect that all will work out. I am going to have the boat licensed as a "U-built". This essentially means that the boat was home made. It will issued a new serial number and ID numbers.

Before this piece of work came along , I had another one that was its twin. Both boats came from the same place, both were used for fishing charters
          (M.V. Salmon Seeker) and both were manufactured by the same company(Kellahan). Im going to check the serial #'s today and see how far apart these two boats really are.

I think Forest Gump said it best....

Man of Steel, you titled your post boat woes.. dont you mean woe boat? heehehehehe. couldnt resist, as soon as i saw that i saw Elmer fudd hunting wabbits..
          Last edited by SignWave; 12-15-2007, 11:29 AM.
          Will it weld? I loooove electricity!

Miller 251/30A spool
          Syncro200
          Spectrum 625
          O/A
          Precix 5x10 CNC Router12"Z
          Standard modern lathe
          Cheap Chinese mill that does the trick... sort of...
          horizontal 7x12 bandsaw
          Roland XC540 PRO III
          54" laminator
          hammer and screwdriver (most used)
          little dog
          pooper scooper (2nd most used...)

Comment

Well If you lived here I doubt you could fool anybody into thinking you made it yourself because a water patrolman would have to inspect it. Besides that the motor would have a seperate title as well and anybody would know you didn't make that. Down here you most defenitley would be screwed on the motor for sure. I'd get the titles before I sunk another penny into either of them. Just because it ain't stolen doesn't keep it from having leins against it....and that is usually why jerks like that guy won't produce a title. Unless he told you some better reason.
            If you retitle on mortgaged equip that would be fraud as the guy didn't own it.
            Just my opinion on something I've had more than a little exp. with.

www.facebook.com/outbackaluminumwelding
            Miller Dynasty 700...OH YEA BABY!!
            MM 350P...PULSE SPRAYIN' MONSTER
            Miller Dynasty 280 with AC independent expansion card
            Miller Dynasty 200 DX "Blue Lightning"

Miller Bobcat 225 NT (what I began my present Biz with!)
            Miller 30-A Spoolgun
            Miller WC-115-A
            Miller Spectrum 300
            Miller 225 Thunderbolt (my first machine bought new 1980)
            Miller Digital Elite Titanium 9400

Comment

Working...
            X