Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

84' of pipe railing

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 84' of pipe railing

Recent job i fabbed and installed.questions comments fire away.
    Attached Files

admweld,
    Looks good. Do you bid this by the foot or do T&M? Right now for steel structure fab we are $1.75 per lb, $2.50 per lb painted.

Comment

Bid it/quoted, No paint no primer.

Comment

Hard to tell from the pics but how did you prep the brick for receiving the posts?

Comment

Originally posted by Cornerstone View Post
          Hard to tell from the pics but how did you prep the brick for receiving the posts?
          Core drilled a 2-1/2"hole with a Hilti/Te76 hammer drill.

Comment

Looks pretty good. Nice job. Next they need to get some stops in place before somebody knocks it all down. Brick and all.

Comment

Noob question .......was it mig or stick

Comment

Originally posted by nrhmarine7 View Post
                Noob question .......was it mig or stick
                Migged in the shop fabbing/Stick on the install for the field connections/joints.

Comment

Originally posted by admweld View Post
                  Migged in the shop fabbing/Stick on the install for the field connections/joints.
                  How come you switched?

Comment

Originally posted by nrhmarine7 View Post
                    How come you switched?
                    Because i,m not going to lug a bottle out of my shop to mig weld the joints when i can do it just as easily with 6011 stick.There where only a couple of connections also.If had 400' of railing to install i may switch to my spoolgun and a bottle and start migging but this was a small job not worth it.Also any wind in the field and your mig welding is going to look like crap.

Comment

How deep did you drill the holes?

Comment

I am just curious, I see this on occasion and know its easier but are posts usually square with the wall or plumb with the world?

Comment

Nice work, i wish there was money left in rails around here. I used to do a lot of it and was decent at it. but lately i just cant compete with these pirate guys doing it for 1/8th the price.

Comment

Originally posted by Dualie View Post
                            Nice work, i wish there was money left in rails around here. I used to do a lot of it and was decent at it. but lately i just cant compete with these pirate guys doing it for 1/8th the price.
                            Dualie, I feel your pain.Same thing goes on out my way for every 10 railing jobs i price i land about 3-4.MMW i drill 4" down.

Comment

Originally posted by Sberry View Post
                              I am just curious, I see this on occasion and know its easier but are posts usually square with the wall or plumb with the world?
                              Plumb with the world.This wall was fairly level i pre fabbed all these railings in my shop.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.