"Bucket Tipper"

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Bucket Tipper"

Here's one for all the autobody guys out there. Ever try to pour paint out of a 5 gallon pail into a 1 pint mixing jar? If the pail is full you almost always make a mess on your first try. Here is the solution I came uup with:
    Attached Files
    Last edited by wronghand; 08-10-2010, 10:07 PM.
    Big Blue 400D
    Trailblazer 302
    Miller S-32 suitcase
    12VS suitcase
    Lincoln LN-7 (BIG suitcase)
    Victor torches
    Lincoln 350MP with 35' push-pull gun
    Lincoln PrecisionTIG 375
    Spectrum 1000 plasma cutter

I like it alot. Any more close up pics or details of the hinges and the drum securing parts?

Thanks, Scott

Comment

The whole material list is as follows:

1/8" plate cut into a 10" dia. circle
      16' of 3/4"x3/4"x0.100" tubing
      18" 1/2" dia. hot rolled mild steel
      36" 1/8"x3/4" flat bar
      3" 1" hot roll with 17/32" hole bored through
      10@ 1/2" flat washers
      2@ 1//2"x2" NC bolts
      2@ 1/2" NC nuts

After boring (drilling if you don't have a lathe) the 1" round bar, cut 2 1" pcs and 2 1/2" pcs. the short pieces become part of the clamp system. The 1" pieces are for the hinge assemblies.
      Make 2 assy. for the clamps by welding a 1/2"nut, a 2" piece of the 1/2" hot roll and one of the 1/2" bushings together (repeat twice). I ran a bolt through each nut on the clamp assemblies and tacked a 1/2" washer to the end of it to make the pads. Put both of these on a 3" piece of hot roll with a washer tacked at each end. These make a small bar- or bessy-style clamp

Hinges are the same type of thing: a 2" piece of hot roll run through a 1" bushing w/ washers welded on either side to eliminate lateral play.

Clear as mud? Hope this helps-- If not PM me and I'll take some more photos this week. Cheers!!

WH
      Big Blue 400D
      Trailblazer 302
      Miller S-32 suitcase
      12VS suitcase
      Lincoln LN-7 (BIG suitcase)
      Victor torches
      Lincoln 350MP with 35' push-pull gun
      Lincoln PrecisionTIG 375
      Spectrum 1000 plasma cutter

Comment

Sweet idea! And a nice job.
        Professional firefighter (retired). Amateur everything else I try to do...
        Oh yeah: GO BIG RED!

Comment

I like it! Don't often deal with 5 gallon cans, but dealing with 1 gallon cans into a mixing cup is hard enough.
          Miller Syncrowave 200
          Homemade Water Cooler
          130XP MIG
          Spectrum 375
          60 year old Logan Lathe
          Select Machine and Tool Mill
          More stuff than I can keep track of..

Comment

Originally posted by nocheepgas View Post
            I like it! Don't often deal with 5 gallon cans, but dealing with 1 gallon cans into a mixing cup is hard enough.
            Ditto on that! Just yesterday painting a Red Face, first pour out of a gallon can of primer into the spray gun, now I have one gray boot!
            Caution!
            These are "my" views based only on “my” experiences in “my” little bitty world.

Comment

cool idea, Add an adapter for the space of a 1 gallon can and voila' multi use can pourer. Sweet deal, looks good miller blue too!!!
              Bob

Comment

Before your post the only "bucket tipper" I knew about was a horse that would dump out his water/feed bucket.

Since I had a little painting job coming up about the time you posted this I decided to build one of my own. I also made a "mixer stand" to hold my 1/2" Milwaukee drill with a paint mixing attachment. The stand is tall enough to be used with a 5 gallon bucket while it is in the tipper stand.

Click image for larger version

Name:	BucketTipper1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	94.7 KB
ID:	508786 Click image for larger version

Name:	MixerStand1.jpg
Size:	54.0 KB
ID:	508787 Click image for larger version

Name:	PaintPallet.jpg
Size:	94.0 KB
ID:	508788
                Larry

"I feel for the man who can only spell a word one way"......Mark Twain

Lincoln AC225-S (OLD/Copper Wound)
                Lincoln Weldpac 100
                Miller Matic 180 (auto set)
                Miller Spool gun 100
                Miller Spectrum 375 Extreme
                Victor Super Range II

Comment

that would make pouring the coolant in to a five gallon bucket much easier wonder if i could make one for 55 gal. Hmmm

Comment

Looks good and very practical.
                    Miller 180

>>>---Mat---->

Comment

Well, I'm happy to report that the bucket tipper served it's purpose. It was actually a bigger convenience than I expected. I did not use much of the paint out of that 5 gallon bucket but thanks to the tipper (and a screw on pouring spout) I did not loose a drop due to spillage. I could have poured with it sitting on the living room carpet.....

The mixer stand worked as well. But, as could only be expected there is a good bit of dripping from the "beater" once you raise it up out of the paint. I just put a bucket of water under it, lowered it back down and ran the mixer for a minute which cleaned the mixer like new.

I am not a painter, and do very little painting other than with a rattle can so when I get that mixer stand back home I plan to make adapters to use it for other purposes. It needs a heavier base and since the upright is simply 2" tubing and the drill holder is bolted to a short bit of receiver tube which will slide on the upright post, it would not be hard to adapt the stand to just about any use that I can imagine. The bucket tipper will probably end up being the permanent storage location for a 5 gallon can of kerosene or diesel for the salamander when it gets home.
                      Larry

"I feel for the man who can only spell a word one way"......Mark Twain

Lincoln AC225-S (OLD/Copper Wound)
                      Lincoln Weldpac 100
                      Miller Matic 180 (auto set)
                      Miller Spool gun 100
                      Miller Spectrum 375 Extreme
                      Victor Super Range II

Comment

SEO Company | SEO Expert | SEO Consultants

Comment

55 gal drum pour

Originally posted by dppmfg View Post
                          that would make pouring the coolant in to a five gallon bucket much easier wonder if i could make one for 55 gal. Hmmm
                          this is one i made for 55 or 35 gal drum
                          Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                          X