Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

12" Pipe

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 12" Pipe

After being embarassed 6 months ago when I failed my welding re-qualification test for the first time ever (due to an arc burn) I thought I'd post pics of today's test. 2, 12" butt welds in 5G position one cellulose rod the other Lo Hydrogen.
    First, my umbrella clamp/stand:

When I need to attach it to larger pipe I just add another chain wrench.

Cellulose hot pass:

The Cap:

Continued

Low Hy near completion:

Inside following the coupons being cut:

Nick break coupons:

And finally the root bends:

Comment

In the last picture, 2nd coupon from the left, it that a flaw?

Great pictures, thanks for taking the time to post them!

Comment

Originally posted by Sonora Iron View Post
        In the last picture, 2nd coupon from the left, it that a flaw?

Great pictures, thanks for taking the time to post them!
        No, it was a flare from cutting the coupon.

Comment

Beauty welds man, I'll have to come down and watch you sometime. I do all my roots with tig but would love to watch you lay in a stick root!

Comment

Originally posted by FullFusion View Post
            Beauty welds man, I'll have to come down and watch you sometime. I do all my roots with tig but would love to watch you lay in a stick root!

Thanks,
            It's a long way to Southern Arizona!

Comment

Originally posted by nocheepgas View Post
              Thanks,
              It's a long way to Southern Arizona!
              Yep, it is from his location, however he might be willing to do that as an excuse to take a thawing out break from the Canadian winter!!

Comment

I'm just funning with you about comming down, but they are great looking welds.
                It would be a nice break from the cold to swing down in January / February though.
                I mostly work in shops so all of my roots are done with either tig or mig, but primarily with tig. I'm always envious when I see a nice stick root and a positioned weld. I mostly use a rotator in the shop for speed, great skill you have!

Comment

Originally posted by FullFusion View Post
                  I'm just funning with you about comming down, but they are great looking welds.
                  It would be a nice break from the cold to swing down in January / February though.
                  I mostly work in shops so all of my roots are done with either tig or mig, but primarily with tig. I'm always envious when I see a nice stick root and a positioned weld. I mostly use a rotator in the shop for speed, great skill you have!
                  Well, I knew you weren't serious. thanks for the compliments........

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.