Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

XR-push pull, out of position aluminum

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• XR-push pull, out of position aluminum

Hiya
    I do a lot of welding in ridiculous positions, some where I can't even see the end of the gun. I am often bending the cables to get at tight spots. Will the XR push pull tolerate this with 4043 wire? Any experience anyone?
    Right now I'm using a 210 with spoolgun and .30 or .35 wire, but the gun gets in the way and I keep breaking the trigger wires in the cable due to all the flexing and twisting I have to do. I'm welding the insides of globes by the way, take a look at http://giantglobes.com/
    I am looking at getting a 350P with the XR aluma pro gun....thoughts anyone?

Thanks

Matt

wow, those are really neat

i have never used that exact push/pull gun, but i have used others similar and can say they are much more enjoyable to use than a standard spool gun. i cant comment on how the wire will hold up as im having trouble visualizting how you are twisting the cables enough to break the trigger wire

Comment

i use the xr edge gun 30 foot long. i dont know about 4043 wire but i have had the cable tied into a couple of knots and it fed ok. (mainly just to see if it would). you'll definately get a forearm workout from it though.

Comment

I used one in a demo, seemed very nice

Comment

I've got a flex head on my 30A spool gun and loooooove it. Theres certainly no beating it for tight places. Brand new it ran me $150 from my local miller dealer

Comment

Working...
          X
          Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.