Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bobcat comes to the rescue...

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bobcat comes to the rescue...

About five years ago I bought my bobcat 250 and went ahead and set it all up for a back up generator with the proper cabling, connections and so forth.... Well it's paying off. For those of you not watching the weather, most of Oklahoma is getting hammered for the second year in a row with an ice storm. My house looks like a tree limb salvage yard, but the bob is running like a charm keeping the well, heat and lights going like clockwork. The last report I heard, there were about half a million households without power.

Thanks for making a great machine Miller!!

SSS
    Last edited by SkidSteerSteve; 12-11-2007, 07:29 AM.

Bobcat

SSS,
    Take care and keep warm. It is a repeat of what you've heard and know but watch the exhaust fumes.

Comment

Glad to hear that your Bobcat is able to keep up. You guys got hit pretty hard down that way. We've still got power here in Shattuck but it's raining right now and supposed to freeze pretty hard tonight so we may have trouble later on. Sure hope you get power restored soon and that this stuff moves on. The roads out this way aren't too bad right now, but I know of at least 3 bad accidents between here and Higgins TX. To you and everyone else affected by this storm be careful.

Bryce

Comment

well i hope you guys stay warm and safe and be careful but i hate to be the bearer of bad news but were i liv in virgina it is 74 degrees today ill trade you all

Comment

Skid

We just got wacked with our first ice storm,,and more coming,Been watching you guys,WOW,there some thing wierd with the weather???????In ct. no fall, summer to winter,,and 3.10 a gallon for home heating oil!!OUCH!!!!!!Stay safe,Jack

Comment

SSS, Its also good you can get your computer to work!! I have a Trailblazer302 that i want to set up for our house if we ever need to, and that leads to the question how/what kind of set up do you use to get power into the house? or if anyone else has ideas that would be great to, im looking for a complete changeover, not just to power a few circuits, ofcourse i couldnt run everything at once but want the option to run whatever...thanks for any help and i hope we get a warm snap soon to melt all that ice!! most of all BE SAFE!!

Comment

Walleye1, This might be what you're lookin for.

http://www.northerntool.com/webapp/w...1039_200321039

I got really lucky on this one I live in SW Missouri just about 25 miles north of where the bad ice is, we had enough to coat the trees a little but not bring anything down. Next county to the south wasn't so lucky.
              Last edited by shortarc; 12-11-2007, 10:04 PM.

Comment

I can empathize with you guys in the colder climates, I might have to dig out my long sleeve T-shirts in the next week or two! Man, it's in the low 60's right now, BRRRrrr!

Sorry, couldn't resist.

Comment

Steve

I feel for you and hope everything is safe where you are. Fortunately that storm went North of us in lower Pennsylvania. I did hear on our local news that the electric might soon be back on for a lot of people down there. Lets hope this is true. The ones I am concerned about are the elderly who do not have contact with anyone.

Comment

When we wired the place, instead of going with the auto switch gear, we just put in a manual, three hundred amp between the meter base and the panel. This way, just plug in and throw the switch and use what you want. Of course, you have to self regulate the consumption because there's only some much the bob will do, but that's not really an issue. I run on a laptop, so I don't worry too much about power, I just charge it and then use the battery. Seems to work so far. I also have a Honda inverter unit as well. I try not use anything too sensitive with the bob, just the pumps, blowers, lights, so on and so forth.

Later,

SSS

Comment

Stay warm boys....

In So. Cal, we never really worry about the cold that much but lately we have had to bring in the brass monkeys! And we rarely lose power as a result of bad weather but rather lose power as a result of our bad providers.

Great idea skidsteersteve. Keep your powder dry!

TacMig

Comment

Originally posted by SkidSteerSteve View Post
                        About five years ago I bought my bobcat 250 and went ahead and set it all up for a back up generator with the proper cabling, connections and so forth.... Well it's paying off. For those of you not watching the weather, most of Oklahoma is getting hammered for the second year in a row with an ice storm. My house looks like a tree limb salvage yard, but the bob is running like a charm keeping the well, heat and lights going like clockwork. The last report I heard, there were about half a million households without power.

Thanks for making a great machine Miller!!

SSS

i done that before

Comment

Working...
                        X
                        Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.