lanthanated

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

great on low amp's

they have excellent low amp starts.i use the 1/16" for low amp. you will really like them. Cerated might have a slight edge here (from reading its stats), but they both work so nicely i could not tell it in real life usage. as i definitely prefer the 2% lanthanated big time at higher amps and on AC i just went all Lanthanated. i just did not feel any advantage to the Cerated. i suppose if i was doing a lot of like 5amp DC welding i might look again at the cerated but with its shorter life span ....... i think lanthanated would still win out for me in the long run. but by all means give it a try, see what you like best.
    thanks for the help
    ......or..........
    hope i helped
    sigpic
    feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. james@newyorkmetalart.com
    summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
    JAMES

Comment

Tungsten

Originally posted by tnjind View Post
      I finally tried the lanthanated tungsten on stainless yesterday. It sharpens easier, seems to hold the point much longer and appears to provide a more stable arc. I may not use the thoriated any more.
      I am wondering about other peoples thoughts on this.
      I am currently successfully using Lanthanted tungstens on mild steel, stainless and Aluminum. It will form ball on AC for aluminum but it is a very small ball.

Roger

Comment

fun4now

thanks for that, I'll give it a try as soon as I can get my hands on some.

Comment

glad to help.
          thanks for the help
          ......or..........
          hope i helped
          sigpic
          feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. james@newyorkmetalart.com
          summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
          JAMES

Comment

Working...
          X