Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Finished my pit

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finished my pit

It's all done, here it is.

It took since september, but it pulls great and cooks even better. A special Thanks to dabar39, could not have finished the trailer without your help.

That is a smokin' hot looking cooker. Does the deal on the lid act as a counterbalance? Good attention to detail. It looks very functional.

Comment

looks great.

Comment

Jetmekdc-10, yeah the thing on the lid is a counterbalance, i do not like the way they look but, it was 3/8" thick walled pipe. The door weighed over 70 pounds, i did not have a problem opening it, but my wife did. So it was a must, it now opens pretty easy

Comment

Great looking smoker / cooker. When are we all getting together for chicken & ribs ?

Comment

re cooker

now that is a great beginningto an awesome tailgate party , great job.

Comment

I don't give a rats a$$

I don't want to hear about counter weights, paint, techniques or any of that nonsense. What I want to know is:

Where's the beef??

Let's eat for Pete's sakes!

TacMig...

By-the-way: Awesome job!!!! A++

Comment

Cooking next sunday in east Texas area, maybe you can smell the smoke from where your at, thanks for all the comments, i learned alot from this forum as well as others.

Comment

Great looking smoker.

Got any better pictures of the end of the fire box.

i am building a pit out of an old fuel oil tank, using some pipe for the fire box and am trying to design the end of the fire box.

Comment

hey maybe we could all get together, carpool, and split the cost of the gas to get their and eat on that new grill/smoker. . I will go to bank and take out 3rd mortgage to get gas money.

seriously, nice looking grill

thanks for posting the pics

PS if someone asks what would you take for it, make sure the quote you say is what you will part from it for. cause onetime this guy says to my dad what would you take for it ? so my Father says x number of dollars and the guy whips out the cash and tells his sun to pull his truck around
                    now looking at the guy my Father never thought that man would have the cash . humm . . . live and learn
                    so if you say a price some guy may just have the doe

......... Richard

Comment

Agri. now thats a bad *** smoker setup...I'll be building a smoker/pig roaster this winter with a rotiserrie setup inside. What kind of barrel/Tube did you use? i was thinking of using a 300 gal fuel tank for the base of my roaster. Nice setup you have there. Bet it cooks/smokes up great .
                      WELDONE lol Jim uhohjim1@aol.com

Comment

hey Richard, any chance you can get a 4th ?? i cant get a dime for my place, but shore would like some BBQ. :P

Comment

James,

I don't know, I might be able to get a 4th mortgage if the Bankers in a good mood. hey I know, I'll bring him some donuts and go mid morning., that may do it.

...... Richard

Comment

mmmmmmmmmm donuts
                            cool i'll see ya at the BBQ then.

Comment

WOW that is SO freaking cool. I love that thing. How about posting the designs?

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.