Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

homebuilt tig cooler?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• homebuilt tig cooler?

any make a home built tig cooler? i see the plans for sale on ebay was wondering how well they work! i have a miller 330a/pb with a weldcraft 20 serie torch it machine can with a benard cooler cart tank is rusted very bad and pump is shot a replacement pump is $250 i seen someone use a back yard fount pump what do you think

Here is a link to an article in the Fabricator Magazine on the one I built the parts http://www.thefabricator.com/ArcWeld...le.cfm?ID=1275 list and pictures are on the Miller "Ask Andy" forum, and also on the Hobart "Weld Talk" projects forum, if you want to search for it. I would not recommend a fountian pump for a cooler build, you can find procon pumps on ebay a lot cheaper than $250, I bought a used one with a new 120V fractional motor for $45 from some guy.
    Last edited by Sundown; 04-02-2006, 07:07 PM.

Comment

Do a seach on cooler. You will find many posts and pictures on this. HTH.
      T.J.

oops, that is on the miller motorsports board by the way,
      Last edited by TJS; 04-03-2006, 05:53 AM.

Comment

i have a procon pump but its shot was think of getting a pond pump from the home center and a 5 gallon bucket with a lid!!!!!!!!

Comment

Link,
          Do not buy the plans from e-bay waste of money! I have bought the plans and you or any one can have a copy just e-mail me at bigheadmotorwork@aol.com.

Comment

if you could please send them to me thanks

Comment

Link there was a fellow on the Home Shop Machinest sit that built one for his tig. The last pic that I saw, it looked like a real well thought out and made unit.

Comment

how many gph sould the pump flow i found a 15gph procon pump on ebay will this be big engough

Comment

Originally posted by link523
                  how many gph sould the pump flow i found a 15gph procon pump on ebay will this be big engough
                  You should pump about 1.25 qt/min at about 50 PSI.

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.