Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lathes and Welding projects.

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lathes and Welding projects.

I ran into a guy at the hot rod show the other night and he had a problem. His 40' motor home's turbocharger pipe broke off and he was in a pickle. He had heard that i made some turbo flanges for a truck that was cruising this weekend. So i sliced off some 4" round bar and turned him a new thicker flange on the lathe. Then wiz wheeled his old flange apart and welded it together. Simple project and i was glad i had all the right tools to do the job...Bob
    Attached Files

Having the right tools on hand always makes it easier to do things and better results in the end as well. I don't know how I made it so long without a lathe. I've been without one since 04 but now I have a lathe again. Now all I need is a Bridgeport and perhaps an inverter for low amp stuff.

Comment

Nice work.

Being able to help him out will be some of the best advertising you can get. It's good to have the tools on hand. Even more important is you had the creativity and ability to make those tools get it done.

Al

Comment

Ball Turner

This isn't really a welding project but i did do some welding building the attachment. Here is my ball turner attachment i made for my SB lathe. Now i can do fancy gate post tops and cut a big radius for tubing dies with ease. Oh and the ball i just cut is 3"...Bob
        Attached Files

Comment

I'd be way too tempted to cut one that was 6" and put it in the bumper of my Toyota, Just to see the look on people's faces.

Comment

Originally posted by davinci2010 View Post
            I'd be way too tempted to cut one that was 6" and put it in the bumper of my Toyota, Just to see the look on people's faces.
            I am making a 3 3/4" one for my Geo Metro just for looks too...Bob

Comment

Originally posted by aametalmaster View Post
              I am making a 3 3/4" one for my Geo Metro just for looks too...Bob
              So if I see a Geo Metro with a huge hitch ball on it I will know you're not far away?
              A good chance seeing as how we're practically neighbors anyway!

Comment

Working...
              X
              Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.