Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sander 6x48 Test run

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Sander 6x48 Test run

    Tried out the 6x48 belt today few bugs to work out but not bad. Hope to get it all fixed in a week or two. Really more work than I first thought. But the end is close.


    Please let me know what you think or any ideals that may be helpful
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Vernon; 06-18-2010, 06:37 PM.

  • #2
    She's lookin good Vernon! Will there be a You Tube video of it in action when it's complete?
    Sometimes there's no second chances.

    Comment


    • #3
      That's looking really good, I'm sure you've put alot of time into, especially the fine details as you get closer to completion. What sort of bugs do you need to work out?

      Comment


      • #4
        Sander

        Originally posted by davinci2010 View Post
        She's lookin good Vernon! Will there be a You Tube video of it in action when it's complete?
        Will try to make a video Don't know how at this point but I will try Go to my profile look at all the pictures Thank You
        Last edited by Vernon; 06-18-2010, 05:21 PM.

        Comment


        • #5
          Sander

          Originally posted by FullFusion View Post
          That's looking really good, I'm sure you've put alot of time into, especially the fine details as you get closer to completion. What sort of bugs do you need to work out?
          Need to fit all the guards, Mount table with tilt feature, Little clean up, Sand blasting and Painting. Hope it turns out well. "Go to my profile look at all picture of sander" Thank you

          Comment


          • #6
            Looks great. I'm sure it will end up being better than anything you could buy off the shelf now days. I have quite a few home made tools in my collection and they perform better than anything I could buy because I built them to my needs and not a generalization of the market a big corp could hope to capture.

            The best feature of your sander though is........ IT'S NOT MADE IN CHINA!!!!

            Keep us posted when it's completed and keep up the good work!!!
            Blondie (Owner C & S Automotive)

            Colt the original point & click interface!

            Millermatic 35 with spot panel
            Miller 340A/BP
            Victor O/A torches
            Lincoln SP125
            Too many other tools to list

            03 Ram 1500
            78 GS1000
            82 GL1100 Interstate

            Comment


            • #7
              Vernon,

              What part of Ohio are you located? I live out in the sticks about 15 miles from Warren.
              Blondie (Owner C & S Automotive)

              Colt the original point & click interface!

              Millermatic 35 with spot panel
              Miller 340A/BP
              Victor O/A torches
              Lincoln SP125
              Too many other tools to list

              03 Ram 1500
              78 GS1000
              82 GL1100 Interstate

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Blondie_486 View Post
                Vernon,

                What part of Ohio are you located? I live out in the sticks about 15 miles from Warren.
                I live in Brown County Mt. Orab is my town And yes Homemade sander is all USA will get a American Flag sticker when I'm finsh. Will try to post a video when done Just need to learn how to do that. Thanks Vernon

                Comment


                • #9
                  Looking good as usual there Vernon! Your rounded corners shows your eye for detail..
                  Steve

                  Bobcat 250EFI

                  Syncrowave 250

                  Millermatic 350P

                  Hypertherm 1250

                  A Bunch of tools

                  And a forklift to move the heavy stuff with..

                  Torchmate 2x2 CNC Plasma

                  It's Miller Time - Get Back To Work!

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    One of the things I've always liked about making my own tools is....

                    You've got a lifetime warrany on it, from the manufactuer!!!!!!!
                    Professional Auto Mechanic since 1974
                    My own shop since 1981
                    Cya Frank

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Round those corners

                      Originally posted by Pass-N-Gas View Post
                      Looking good as usual there Vernon! Your rounded corners shows your eye for detail..
                      Great eye for detail

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Life time warrenty

                        Originally posted by Frank865 View Post
                        One of the things I've always liked about making my own tools is....

                        You've got a lifetime warrany on it, from the manufactuer!!!!!!!
                        Never thought of that thats good saying

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Vernon,

                          Check out the adhesive backed Zirconia Alumina discs Here:

                          http://www.mcmaster.com/#catalog/116/2648/=7mdjtk

                          Belts here:

                          http://www.mcmaster.com/#catalog/116/2651/=7mduag

                          I run the 40 grit on my 12" disc (47125 - A32) these babies last a long time. They round corners on 1/2" plate and de-burs with the best of them.. The adhesive comes off with the disc which makes change out easy..

                          They do fast manicures as well..
                          Last edited by Pass-N-Gas; 06-20-2010, 10:08 PM.
                          Steve

                          Bobcat 250EFI

                          Syncrowave 250

                          Millermatic 350P

                          Hypertherm 1250

                          A Bunch of tools

                          And a forklift to move the heavy stuff with..

                          Torchmate 2x2 CNC Plasma

                          It's Miller Time - Get Back To Work!

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Disks

                            Originally posted by Pass-N-Gas View Post
                            Vernon,

                            Check out the adhesive backed Zirconia Alumina discs Here:

                            http://www.mcmaster.com/#catalog/116/2648/=7mdjtk

                            Belts here:

                            http://www.mcmaster.com/#catalog/116/2651/=7mduag

                            I run the 40 grit on my 12" disc (47125 - A32) these babies last a long time. They round corners on 1/2" plate and de-burs with the best of them.. The adhesive comes off with the disc which makes change out easy..

                            They do fast manicures as well..
                            Thanks for the info. on Disks

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Vernon View Post
                              Thanks for the info. on Disks
                              I use to run Norton Metalite's then I tried one of these, now I buy them by the 10 packs
                              Steve

                              Bobcat 250EFI

                              Syncrowave 250

                              Millermatic 350P

                              Hypertherm 1250

                              A Bunch of tools

                              And a forklift to move the heavy stuff with..

                              Torchmate 2x2 CNC Plasma

                              It's Miller Time - Get Back To Work!

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X