Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

The forum is currently undergoing maintenance and is in a 'read-only' mode for the time being. Sorry for the inconvenience.

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sander 6x48 Test run

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sander 6x48 Test run

Tried out the 6x48 belt today few bugs to work out but not bad. Hope to get it all fixed in a week or two. Really more work than I first thought. But the end is close.

Please let me know what you think or any ideals that may be helpful
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Vernon; 06-18-2010, 06:37 PM.

She's lookin good Vernon! Will there be a You Tube video of it in action when it's complete?

Comment

That's looking really good, I'm sure you've put alot of time into, especially the fine details as you get closer to completion. What sort of bugs do you need to work out?

Comment

Sander

Originally posted by davinci2010 View Post
        She's lookin good Vernon! Will there be a You Tube video of it in action when it's complete?
        Will try to make a video Don't know how at this point but I will try Go to my profile look at all the pictures Thank You
        Last edited by Vernon; 06-18-2010, 05:21 PM.

Comment

Sander

Originally posted by FullFusion View Post
          That's looking really good, I'm sure you've put alot of time into, especially the fine details as you get closer to completion. What sort of bugs do you need to work out?
          Need to fit all the guards, Mount table with tilt feature, Little clean up, Sand blasting and Painting. Hope it turns out well. "Go to my profile look at all picture of sander" Thank you

Comment

Looks great. I'm sure it will end up being better than anything you could buy off the shelf now days. I have quite a few home made tools in my collection and they perform better than anything I could buy because I built them to my needs and not a generalization of the market a big corp could hope to capture.

The best feature of your sander though is........ IT'S NOT MADE IN CHINA!!!!

Keep us posted when it's completed and keep up the good work!!!

Comment

Vernon,

What part of Ohio are you located? I live out in the sticks about 15 miles from Warren.

Comment

Originally posted by Blondie_486 View Post
                Vernon,

What part of Ohio are you located? I live out in the sticks about 15 miles from Warren.
                I live in Brown County Mt. Orab is my town And yes Homemade sander is all USA will get a American Flag sticker when I'm finsh. Will try to post a video when done Just need to learn how to do that. Thanks Vernon

Comment

Looking good as usual there Vernon! Your rounded corners shows your eye for detail..

Comment

One of the things I've always liked about making my own tools is....

You've got a lifetime warrany on it, from the manufactuer!!!!!!!

Comment

Round those corners

Originally posted by Pass-N-Gas View Post
                      Looking good as usual there Vernon! Your rounded corners shows your eye for detail..
                      Great eye for detail

Comment

Life time warrenty

Originally posted by Frank865 View Post
                        One of the things I've always liked about making my own tools is....

You've got a lifetime warrany on it, from the manufactuer!!!!!!!
                        Never thought of that thats good saying

Comment

Vernon,

Check out the adhesive backed Zirconia Alumina discs Here:

http://www.mcmaster.com/#catalog/116/2648/=7mdjtk

Belts here:

http://www.mcmaster.com/#catalog/116/2651/=7mduag

I run the 40 grit on my 12" disc (47125 - A32) these babies last a long time. They round corners on 1/2" plate and de-burs with the best of them.. The adhesive comes off with the disc which makes change out easy..

They do fast manicures as well..
                          Last edited by Pass-N-Gas; 06-20-2010, 10:08 PM.

Comment

Disks

Originally posted by Pass-N-Gas View Post
                            Vernon,

Check out the adhesive backed Zirconia Alumina discs Here:

http://www.mcmaster.com/#catalog/116/2648/=7mdjtk

Belts here:

http://www.mcmaster.com/#catalog/116/2651/=7mduag

I run the 40 grit on my 12" disc (47125 - A32) these babies last a long time. They round corners on 1/2" plate and de-burs with the best of them.. The adhesive comes off with the disc which makes change out easy..

They do fast manicures as well..
                            Thanks for the info. on Disks

Comment

Originally posted by Vernon View Post
                              Thanks for the info. on Disks
                              I use to run Norton Metalite's then I tried one of these, now I buy them by the 10 packs

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.