Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

The forum is currently undergoing maintenance and is in a 'read-only' mode for the time being. Sorry for the inconvenience.

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Oxy Acetalene bottles

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

But I still hate a thief.

Comment

One thing I learned a long time ago is that no matter how much you think you will never need them or tired of using them..... never, ever, ever sell off your tools. I've sold off bikes, electronics, even my house once when things got lean, but I have every tool I've ever bought, found, gifted to, passed down to, you name it. They are worth so much more than their market value in the long run. There's tools at my place that are twice my age and still going strong. That's why I hate theives, but there's a special burn that comes from someone stealing tools. It's someone's livelyhood and bread on the table. But, if it's legit and a good deal, then I'll be the first in line with cash and a flatbed trailer.

Just a side thought...

SSS
      Last edited by SkidSteerSteve; 12-06-2007, 09:03 PM.

Comment

Canada, I feel I may have overreacted. I apologize for accusing you of receiving stolen property. I jumped to a conclusion without enough information. Where I live we have a very bad problem with meth heads stealing anything they can get their hands on. Just the other day my job took me to a large recycling yard. I saw two men pull up with half an aluminum light pole on top of a Toyota Corolla, the yard gave them the money no questions asked. After all the metal I have had stolen that really made me mad. Cops donít seem to care. Regardless, I was wrong to attack your post. Glad you got some good equipment for a good price.
        Paul

Comment

There's no ground straps on any of the power mains around here - all the wire has been stolen...

Heard that from the lineman who did my line drop and relocation on the house when I moved the main panel. Pretty sad.

Comment

pthunberg, dont worry about it, i understand. Yeah i live in apache juntion Arizona. its the meth capital of the U.S. alot of theft, and as you said no questions asked.

Comment

Working...
            X
            Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.