Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

The forum is currently undergoing maintenance and is in a 'read-only' mode for the time being. Sorry for the inconvenience.

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fabrication Project

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fabrication Project

Just a few pics of a small fabrication test project . We were given 15 hours and worked to a tolerance of of +- 1mm. All flat plates cut with manual oxy fuel gas. Welded with 111 MMA and 135 Mags. Just thought I should start taking pics. Id like to see any similar projects from you guys. Thanks
    Attached Files

Nice work. It looks like a sheetmetal workers project over here...Bob

Comment

Wow that is crazy, what is the purpose? Is this a test in school or for a union?

-Dan

Comment

pipes and plate

Looks real nice lot of time to lay that out. Well very nice job.

Comment

We

How many people worked on this in 15 hours?
          looks like nice work.

Comment

Project was a test piece for my fabrication qualification. It has no purpose but is designed to test accuracy of cuts and fit up and generally make it akward to put together. There was 32 people on the two test days so theres alot of scrap metal to get rid of at the end.

Comment

Originally posted by c22reactor View Post
              It has no purpose
              Put it on Ebay- it will certainly get bid up by people with no purpose

Comment

Project was a test piece for my fabrication qualification. It has no purpose but is designed to test accuracy of cuts and fit up and generally make it akward to put together. There was 32 people on the two test days so theres alot of scrap metal to get rid of at the end.
                Sounds like a great test to prepare fabricator's for the " real world ". Too many people of different skill levels involved, akward fitup, short deadline, then someone else decides it serves no real purpose when completed!

Comment

Stainless jobs

Heres a few more jobs I've made . Took a bit more than 15 hours though.

Last edited by c22reactor; 06-21-2010, 02:56 PM.

Comment

E-bay

Originally posted by Broccoli1 View Post
                    Put it on Ebay- it will certainly get bid up by people with no purpose
                    That is so funny but so true somebody would bid on that with know purpose

Comment

Project

Heres a few more jobs I've made . Took a bit more than 15 hours though.

Love the stailess tank looks real nice

Comment

Working...
                      X
                      Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.