Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ruby Pipeline Starting Up

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ruby Pipeline Starting Up

The Ruby Pipeline project is ramping up, and may be an opportunity for some of you guys looking for work. http://www.rubypipeline.com/

It's a proposed 675 mile pipeline of 42" natural gas through Wyoming, Oregon, Utah and Nevada. Here's some pics of a staging area near Elko, Nv.

Thought it might be of some interest.
    Richard
    Last edited by nocheepgas; 06-14-2010, 06:58 PM.

Son #1 & Son#2 are headed out to Utah next month on this job for U.S. Pipe.

Comment

The pipeline going in through north central Arkansas is getting laid out right now too. It's pretty impressive when you cross it drive 100 miles and then cross it again. You pipeliners have to be tough as nails. It is freaking hot out here.

Comment

Originally posted by NoogaD View Post
        The pipeline going in through north central Arkansas is getting laid out right now too. It's pretty impressive when you cross it drive 100 miles and then cross it again. You pipeliners have to be tough as nails. It is freaking hot out here.
        dang right it is! heat index in the sand box that i was standing in yesterday said 126 w/ 82 percent humidity. no shade, no breeze, 4 gallons of gatorade and water later..... i got to go home. they talking night work for a bit now... (im working on bridge stuff, not on the pipeline)

Comment

Night work can sometimes be a pain with all the insects. I did a little outdoors welding last night and was constantly getting pelted by june bugs. Bugs in my helmet, bugs in my gloves, bugs under my shirt.
          "Ooooh the light is so pretty. Go towards the light." Stupid bugs.

Comment

Originally posted by Finney View Post
            Son #1 & Son#2 are headed out to Utah next month on this job for U.S. Pipe.
            Finney: Your boys ever been to Utah before? They'll love it. Sky so blue it hurts your eyes, and REAL breathable air. Seriously, Utah is a beautiful State, they may not want to come back!

Comment

Originally posted by davedarragh View Post
              Seriously, Utah is a beautiful State, they may not want to come back!
              No kidding! Would love to move to Moab.

Comment

Originally posted by Sonora Iron View Post
                No kidding! Would love to move to Moab.
                Yep, that whole S.E. corner is gorgeous. One could spend weeks going through the Parks, and not see it all.

Comment

Originally posted by davedarragh View Post
                  Yep, that whole S.E. corner is gorgeous. One could spend weeks going through the Parks, and not see it all.
                  I could look out from Dead Horse Point for days!

Comment

I would love to go out there and work, looks beautiful. I am working in Virginia doing dig ups on a 30" line right now but I would rather be doing new mainline work.

Comment

Originally posted by white05gt View Post
                      I would love to go out there and work, looks beautiful. I am working in Virginia doing dig ups on a 30" line right now but I would rather be doing new mainline work.
                      I've seen many Rig Trucks going through NE Az, and along I-40 head towards NM. Not sure where they're headed, one guy was broke down outside of Payson, Az, pulling his 5th wheel camper. If I see some more stopped along the way, I'll ask where they're headed. I travel through there weekly.

Comment

Month or so ago I seen several rigs up on I-70 between Rifle and Grand Junction.

Comment

Month or so ago I seen several rigs up on I-70 between Rifle and Grand Junction.
                          Come to think of it, they could have been taking I-40 over to US 191, that'll take them right through Monument Valley, and up to Moab.

Sonora, so you in Colorado?

Comment

No.____________

Comment

No.____________
                              It remains a mystery..........

Hey Sonora, do you know if Miller's IronMate FC-1260 gun can be made to accept Bernard Centerfire Consumables? Their M-25 and Roughneck guns can, but I can't find anything on the FC-1260.
                              Last edited by davedarragh; 06-15-2010, 07:32 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.