Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Shopping cart welding cart

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shopping cart welding cart

I just saw this thread on another forum, and wanted to share it here. It is a great idea...

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f37/m...t-pics-640019/

before I had my own shop, I used a shopping cart to keep my stuff on and move it easily out of the way. very impressed with how much it could hold.

Comment

I see 3 problems:

1. How do you go about acquiring a cart legally?
      2. How do you convince others that it was acquired legally?
      3. Where do you mount the cylinder?

I'd rather build my own from scratch than to deal with the above issues.

Comment

Thatís too funny. I just got done cutting on one. It's hard to convince the wife that I didnít nab it for a bum. She says she wouldnít put it past me.
        De - germmed and repacked wheel bearings, Iím thinking of making it into an extension cord rack some how.
        I got these in the garage, and there are 2- 100í in horse trailer and a 100í in my truck box.
        My ext. cords collection got outa control.
        Attached Files

Comment

I made a quickie from one and it worked well enough I didn't get around to anything else for quite some time, it finally did go though.
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by STRENGTH AND POWER View Post
            before I had my own shop, I used a shopping cart to keep my stuff on and move it easily out of the way. very impressed with how much it could hold.
            You were a bum?

Finding a discarded cart with functional wheels sounds like a challenge in it's self, let alone one you'd want to re-purpose.

One of the college kids I know put a fork tube on the back of a shopping cart and mated it to a bike frame. He said it's hard to control, but it's funny and gets him attention around campus.

Comment

Scrap yards get them all the time.

Comment

Working...
              X
              Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.