Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Painting finished product

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Painting finished product

What sprayer do most of you use when spraying your finished product?
    I have a Husky standard bottom spray gun, and two cheep CP harbor freight gravity fed spray guns, one 20 oz and one 4 oz detail.
    Also what tip number do you use in your guns? My 20 oz has a 1.3 tip and I am planing on using it praying thinned rust-olium paint on my projects and clear coat on my horseshoe projects with the 4 oz gun.

I am converting both gravity fed guns to 3M PPS liner systems.

Thanks for any input.
    Don D.

At the shop I use the conventionnal pot for big job and rattle cans for small jobs. The rattle cans companies makes some good products these days.
    A good primer is yellow oxide, I have that primer on a a 10 years old motorcycle and there is not a spect of rust on it.

Comment

I use Sata and DeVilbiss HVLP guns, but that's just my preferences. I use whatever size needle and aircap that the finish manufacterer recommends in their data sheet for the product I'm spraying.

Comment

Working...
      X
      Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.