Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

CNC Plasma Table Build

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow that runs great. Very fast cut speed I like it. Fun to watch it do it's thing.

Comment

Here's a couple more videos. First is cutting a small two piece Route 66 sign.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MfH_qRZS3dU

The second I'm cutting a mounting plate for two air regulators and two 120V air solenoids that will control the scriber/plate marker/engraver. It has a series of pecks for drilling, mounting holes and some text. Mach3 will trigger the 120V coolant outlet which will power both solenoids supply air to a pneumatic cylinder and the engraver. Working on that in my spare time so I can engrave and cut parts all at the same time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MB1iGYe7Ezg

Comment

I spent a little time yesterday evening drawing a bracket for my air dryer. I am installing my compressor outside in a 30x30 water heater enclosure, so I need to keep the overall dimensions less than that. I may tweak the regulator and small filter with a 45 degree elbow, otherwise I'm happy with how things came out. My bracket cut from 16GA worked perfectly after I bent it on my brake. The motor holes lined up perfectly, and it matched up with the original compressor itself pretty well which is what I wanted - clean installation.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FexVafKl5JU

I love having this cutting table. It makes stuff so easy, especially as I'm picking up Corel Draw better and better, I'm not making the same silly mistakes from my early days, like not closing or joining lines, etc.

Comment

Do you have an idea how much you have spent on this verses buying one complete. Just curious?

Comment

I have spent considerably less building it myself than buying a turn key table with similar capacity. Was it a lot of work? Sure - but rewarding. I also was able to outfit the table just the way I wanted it. I also saved on freight and applied that towards using heavier steel for it's construction. I'm very pleased with the results and the investment. It is dead on accurate and keeps getting more and more flexible each day as I add more features to it.

Comment

That engraver is awsome. This is one of the best projects I have seen on here. I sent you an email least week regarding a sheet cam question. It looks like you have been busy. Again, nice going.
              T.J.

Comment

Originally posted by TJS View Post
                That engraver is awsome. This is one of the best projects I have seen on here. I sent you an email least week regarding a sheet cam question. It looks like you have been busy. Again, nice going.
                T.J.
                Thanks. TJ I'll get back to you in a next couple of days. Between work, and stuff I have had hardly any free time lately. I'll see if I can give you a hand in Sheetcam or make a video of a simple part, start to finish.

Comment

What THC are you using? I want a THC for my Torchmate 4x4, but the cost is running me off the idea. I found a linear unit and am currently learning to program a chip, but would like to avoid that whole hassle if you have a cheaper alternative. Thanks.
                  Bob

Comment

Originally posted by Rbeckett View Post
                    What THC are you using? I want a THC for my Torchmate 4x4, but the cost is running me off the idea. I found a linear unit and am currently learning to program a chip, but would like to avoid that whole hassle if you have a cheaper alternative. Thanks.
                    Bob
                    Bob,

I'm using a CandCNC Bladerunner-AIO control system with the DHTC control option. It essentially comes with the DHTC expansion option that ties to their UBOB breakout board. From there it feeds a serial input into the computer to display ARC voltage, and it uses a serial connection from the DHTC expansion module to the DHTC control board which is remotely mounted. i installed that in a black ABS box on my Powermax 45 and it collects ARC Volts, ARC Good, and also triggers the plasma torch. Thus far I've been happy with the results - it's working well.

Comment

Well thought out and very nicely done!

The only thing I have to ask...

Why didn't you paint it BLUE????

Comment

Originally posted by Kamikaze View Post
                        Well thought out and very nicely done!

The only thing I have to ask...

Why didn't you paint it BLUE????
                        Thanks. Why no blue? Well no offense to Miller, but blue isn't one of my favorite colors. I wanted the table to stand out and be different than my other equipment, so I decided to try red.

I have a few more things to do on this project, but it's been on hold for a couple of weeks. I bought an Acer 3VS E-Mill, similar to a Bridgeport but with a VFD and Baldor 3HP Super-E motor. I have been moving things around and getting ready for my 840 mile trip to go get it and bring it home. Another toy for the shop, but moving it is anything like moving a toy. Wish me luck!

Comment

Hi
                          Where did you buy the guides where the little wheels run.
                          And what sort of pitch did you use on both axis?
                          Thank you
                          Ernesto from Mexico

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.