Smoker

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

smoker

Just for you info, pipe up to 12" is measured on the inside (ID)
    from 12" up it is measured on the outside (OD)

Comment

Great job. Now lets see what it can do. Finished product of something smoked?

Comment

That is really cool. I am going to make one very similar to that one, but I am going to make mine rectangle.

How much does it weight, approx?
        Miller 180

>>>---Mat---->

Comment

How much does it weight, approx?

I'm 5'6" and weight 181lbs. I consider myself pretty strong. (and short) I can dead lift 585LBS (thats 12 plates on the bar) for reps. I have to drag smoker to move it. Have yet to place it on scale. But my guess is around 300ish lbs. It is very awkward to try and pick it up. I grab around cook chamber and can get it a few inches off ground but then I can't take any steps with it. Go figure. Nobody will ever want to borrow it more than once, though!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by jarred.chance View Post
            I'm 5'6" and weight 181lbs. I consider myself pretty strong. (and short) I can dead lift 585LBS (thats 12 plates on the bar) for reps. I have to drag smoker to move it. Have yet to place it on scale. But my guess is around 300ish lbs. It is very awkward to try and pick it up. I grab around cook chamber and can get it a few inches off ground but then I can't take any steps with it. Go figure. Nobody will ever want to borrow it more than once, though!!!!!
            The reason I ask is because I thought about making one slightly smaller for portability. I was going to make a bracket for the receiver hitch to pin it in. Kind of like a tailgating smoker. From the research I have done so far, I don't think I will be able to make one that is light enough and will last very long. I would have to make it out of pretty thin material to keep it lighter.
            Miller 180

>>>---Mat---->

Comment

on the thought of a pto rotisserie its a good idea my smoker is trailer built but the fire pit in the yard is bigger put the hog on a roller and park the skidsteer at the edge and have it rotisserie all day

that sound like my next project
              Leblond Makino mills
              HAAS CNC SL-40 lathe
              American Pacemaker lathe
              wells index mill
              hydrotel rebuilt
              syncrowave 250
              diversion 165
              Miller Elite Vintage USA

Comment

Originally posted by ohsobad_chevy View Post
                The reason I ask is because I thought about making one slightly smaller for portability. I was going to make a bracket for the receiver hitch to pin it in. Kind of like a tailgating smoker. From the research I have done so far, I don't think I will be able to make one that is light enough and will last very long. I would have to make it out of pretty thin material to keep it lighter.
                there was a photo of one made from a stainless beer keg but the link is no longer working. Here is so real different looking grilles and pits.
                Check out #6 tail gate/receiver grille Scroll down the page till you come to #6

J.C. Yours turned out real nice, great job!
                glen, If your not on the edge, your wasting space

Comment

Yeah, that looks exactly like what I had in mind. I think I am going to make mine heavier so it will last and forget about making it portable.
                  Miller 180

>>>---Mat---->

Comment

In Action!!!!!

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0661.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	132.9 KB
ID:	510923Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0660.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	200.4 KB