Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

bored

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bored

A couple of hours ago (well 3 hrs ago) I was sitting in front of my computer, and bored with that, I decided to see what I could brew up in a couple of hours. Don't know why I decided on a belt buckle, but this is the end result in the photo.
    I started with a piece of .062 stainless from my scrap bin that I rough ground to shape on my belt grinder and then cupped to shape, before I tigged my name (yeah I know) on the front with the border also tigged with 309L. I then went over the border with my tig and a higher heat setting to give it the distressed appearance that I desired. I then touched it up on my belt grinder to high-light the edges. The handgun casting on the buckle is a pin that I soldered in place. The back has the normal hardware silver soldered in place to mount the buckle on my favorite belt.
    So, thats how I passed the evening!

Last edited by stormchaser; 06-09-2010, 05:25 PM.

Man, that's nice. I can't get ANYTHING done in one evening.

Comment

Working...
    X
    Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.