Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

The forum is currently undergoing maintenance and is in a 'read-only' mode for the time being. Sorry for the inconvenience.

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Corpus Sculpture

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Corpus Sculpture

I was commissioned to make a 5 ft. tall corpus sculpture to hang at the parish of St. Marry Magdalene, Brighton MI. Design was created by me and my brother ( Noah Hornberger) have about 30hours into it so far.

Last edited by jessehornberger; 08-03-2010, 01:35 PM. Reason: Finished!

Looks awesome so far. Is it stainless or are you painting or powder coating it?

Comment

Steel

It is made out of 16 gauge hot rolled sheet metal and the linen cloth will be made out of copper. When it is finished I am going to spray it with a few coats of automotive clear coat.

Comment

Looks good man. I think I met one of your former instructors in Ypsi a few weeks back, we were talking about sculptures and he mentioned a former student that was working on a piece for a church.

I like how you did the lay out.

-Josh

Comment

looks good, very interesting art

Comment

Looks awesome

Comment

looks really nice, good job so far :]

Comment

Fantastic!

That is some fantastic work. I'm afraid that if I ever tried to do something like that it would look like a suit of armor that was just run over by a bulldozer.

I like the post-modernistic twist to old world mythology. It's like reverse steampunk! The Greek, Roman and Christian gods are all so interesting. ...do one of Allah and you'll have a fatwa against you!

Great job!

Comment

Update

Just wanted to show my progress. I have been working on the head and neck

Comment

Iron Man

You could build Iron Man like the movie Looks great. Keep up the great work

Comment

Coming along nicely good progress.

Comment

You know something, after I finish a weld on structural steel or pipe, it'll get painted or buried and thats the last anyone will see or even think of it. But what you're doing is something people will see daily. They will look at your work and be inspired either to pray, meditate or simply... be moved.
                        It is an awesome talent you've been blessed with and I truly admire your work. Bob.

Comment

Very, very nice!!! You have a gift. Please post more pics when it is finished.

Comment

Update picture!

The progress I have made to date! All He needs is hands and feet, and a method of hanging him on a brick wall. Welding Copper was a new experience for me, Takes lots of heat!

Comment

Looks like a hit and run.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.