Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

The forum is currently undergoing maintenance and is in a 'read-only' mode for the time being. Sorry for the inconvenience.

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

One thing I hate about these forums . . .

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One thing I hate about these forums . . .

One thing that really bugs me about the miller forums, and maybe you can help me fix the issue (assuming it is fixable). I hate having to open every single one of the links to the pictures.

Firefox and IE both have the same issue. Anyone have a way around this (to show all the photos inline without having to open them)?

I am tired of having to click on
    link to pic 1
    link to pic 2
    link to pic 3

and so on.

Use a hosting site like Photobucket, Tiny Pic, etc. I'm no computer whiz & I figured it out. Pretty self explanatory, just size the pic for the application, upload it & copy/paste to the post your are making.

Easy.

Comment

My browser shows the pics the way that they were entered in the response. If they were entered with the [img]...........[/img] tags then they show as the pic, but if they were loaded as a link then the link shows. I load my pics to the site so if I happen to break the link from Picassa or photo bucket, my pic still shows.

I type the img code since one of my other sites shows pics like Welding Web and shows a thumbnail that you still have to click on if it was loaded with the insert img tab. Its a few more key strokes but not a real big issue.

Comment

The reason this is done this way in so many forums is download speeds are not equal. Someone like myself who has fiber optic to the home, I can watch you tube videos with no buffering, it is a pain in the butt to click to see an image. However a lot of people still have a dial up or slow DSL internet connection. When the photos are loaded up with the thred the time they have to spend waiting for the download is horrendous.

It's a pain in the butt for us. But it's an absolute nightmare for them.

Click and count your blessings.

Comment

Originally posted by wroughtnharv View Post
          The reason this is done this way in so many forums is download speeds are not equal. Someone like myself who has fiber optic to the home, I can watch you tube videos with no buffering, it is a pain in the butt to click to see an image. However a lot of people still have a dial up or slow DSL internet connection. When the photos are loaded up with the thred the time they have to spend waiting for the download is horrendous.

It's a pain in the butt for us. But it's an absolute nightmare for them.

Click and count your blessings.
          Double ditto on that!!!!
          Dial-up SUCKS but for some of us, it's as good as it gets, nothing else is available.

Comment

I wonder if there is a firefox plugin that will open up all hyperlinked images. I thought I found one, but it doesn't work with the latest version of firefox.

Comment

Originally posted by Frank865 View Post
              Double ditto on that!!!!
              Dial-up SUCKS but for some of us, it's as good as it gets, nothing else is available.
              Check into satellite internet..

Comment

Working...
              X
              Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.