Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Roll-around beater, thrid hand

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roll-around beater, thrid hand

Roll-around beater, third hand
    Since I was in need of a third hand, movable to outside beating bending vise. I have been thinking of one of the truck rim mounted vises. Having an old rim, section of schedule 80 pipe, some salvage plate and a cleaned up 6" swivel type vise.

I put this together to use on my son's smoker pit project. Think I will blast it when we do the pit. I also want to see if I rounded the corners enough! Along with if I need to put concrete in the pipe and rim bottom and top for more weight

yet another UN-Secured bottle on this site.. glad the safety lessons paid off

Comment

It's empty and it was on its way into the truck after as the photo' was taken. I 'm sure you secure the empty bottle before the full one on the cart.

Comment

Nice job. I like the portable stuff. Just got a new Sears catalog and was looking at the vice's offered. I think I will order two of the ones that cost $1999.00 each. Couldn't believe the prices on those big ones. Never in my life would I have guessed they could cost that much. If I had one or two of the Sears ones, I would have to secure them to my work bench, weld them to the bench and the bench welded to the shop so they wouldn't wander off. Anyway keep up the good work.

Leefy

Comment

Working...
        X
        Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.