Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tractor lift pole old vs new

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tractor lift pole old vs new

thought i'd throw out some pics of my old tractor lift pole after it failed. i've lifted several loads with it that caused the front of my tractor to come off of the ground (not a small tractor--ford 5610) and never a problem. i had the GREAT idea to put a trailer hitch ball on the end and that's where the failure began. it worked fine until i was moving a 16' trailer with a couple tons of scrap metal on it. i was headed down an incline and turned. the trailer tried to keep going down--putting a pretty good torque load on the lift pole. you might can see the bend in the riser section. it didn't last long after that.

so i did what any man would do! i built a new one.........

i already started scavenging for parts before i thought about taking pics, sorry!

first lesson learned: lift pole is for lifting
    second lesson: build the next one heavier

new lift pole pics in second post...........
    Attached Files
    Last edited by grnxrymnky; 05-07-2010, 07:21 PM.

pics of new lift pole!

here are some pics of the new lift pole....built specifically for a cat 2 tractor.

riser: schd 80 4"
    stick: schd 80 3.5"

let it rip
    Attached Files
    Last edited by grnxrymnky; 05-07-2010, 07:22 PM.

Comment

Looks great!

Comment

Bend that one, and the lift pole will likely be the least of the concerns at the moment!

Comment

Pretty amazing when one considers how short you are. I would recommend you not weld in those shorts
          Good job for your age BTW.
          Being that hansome, and with those kind of talents, you will likely be famous soon and rich too!

Comment

Working...
          X
          Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.