Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

shipping to Mexico

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • shipping to Mexico

    I have been asked to build some fanning magnets for a plant in Mexico. I have built these before for the Corporate main plant in Michigan and sent them to the Alabama plant, so I know they like them.
    My questions are about shipping, especially across the border, the lady in Mexico sent me an e-mail with the info for their customs broker.
    I do not mind crating these up and dropping off at a truck terminal, but I do not want to get into a bunch of hassles with this.
    If anyone has any experience with this sort of thing I would be glad to hear any pointers.

    Also I am located in Indiana. Thanks, Tim.
    Tim Beeker,
    T-N-J Industries
    (my side bussiness)

    Miller Synchrowave 350LX with tigrunner
    Esab 450i with wire feeder
    HH135 mig
    Thermal Dynamics cutmaster 51 plasma cutter
    Miller aircrafter 330 - sold
    Marathon 315mm coldsaw
    vertical and horizontal band saws
    table saw
    Dewalt cut off saw
    Sand blast cabinet
    lots of hand grinders
    Harris torch
    beer fridge

  • #2
    I have shipped quite a bit of stuff to Mexico. It all goes to a broker and they get it over the border. Most of the time it goes well. If the plant in Mexico uses the same people it should not be a problem. There has been a few times where some stuff didn't make it. Somehow just disappeared! You have to list everything in there on your paperwork for the broker.

    Where is the broker? Laredo?
    Mike
    MD Welding & Fabricating L.L.C.
    mdwelding@sbcglobal.net

    Comment


    • #3
      The broker is:

      MAVAL Agencia Aduanal SC

      Mariposa Industrial Park II

      1140 West Industrial Park II

      Suites 3 & 4

      Tel520)377-0592


      I can only assume it is in Mexico.
      What paperwork will I need, cert. of origin, pack list(of course).
      anything else?

      Thanks for your help, this is like running blind in a forest.
      Tim Beeker,
      T-N-J Industries
      (my side bussiness)

      Miller Synchrowave 350LX with tigrunner
      Esab 450i with wire feeder
      HH135 mig
      Thermal Dynamics cutmaster 51 plasma cutter
      Miller aircrafter 330 - sold
      Marathon 315mm coldsaw
      vertical and horizontal band saws
      table saw
      Dewalt cut off saw
      Sand blast cabinet
      lots of hand grinders
      Harris torch
      beer fridge

      Comment


      • #4
        Best thing is call the broker and discuss it with them. They do it alll the time and know best.

        I believe they need an itemized list. It's all about taxes.

        Where in Mexico? Have you been there?
        Mike
        MD Welding & Fabricating L.L.C.
        mdwelding@sbcglobal.net

        Comment


        • #5
          I will call them,
          the parts are going to Hermosillo, Sonora. I haven't been there yet.
          Tim Beeker,
          T-N-J Industries
          (my side bussiness)

          Miller Synchrowave 350LX with tigrunner
          Esab 450i with wire feeder
          HH135 mig
          Thermal Dynamics cutmaster 51 plasma cutter
          Miller aircrafter 330 - sold
          Marathon 315mm coldsaw
          vertical and horizontal band saws
          table saw
          Dewalt cut off saw
          Sand blast cabinet
          lots of hand grinders
          Harris torch
          beer fridge

          Comment


          • #6
            Best yet!

            Have your customer arrange shipping! Tell them to have their carrier pick it up at your place of business. This is what I have done. NO LIABILITY!
            TacMig
            We depend On:
            Miller | Esab | Lincoln | Fronius
            Baileigh | Drake | Eagle | Knuth
            Victor | Harris | Smith | Bessey
            Snap-On | Hilti | Ingersoll Rand
            Burco/Koco | Onan | BobCat
            Tracker | Infratrol | AmeriCast

            We belong to or support:
            American National Standards Institute
            American Welding Society
            The Welding Institute
            Fabricators & Manufacturing Association Int'l.

            Anderson & Co. LLC
            Metal Cr
            afters

            Comment


            • #7
              We ship stuff to Mexico a few times a month.
              All our pallets have to be made of kiln dried wood to get through the border.

              They're certified I guess you'd call it, and have a authorization number and a tree looking thing branded/burned onto the boards the pallets are made of.

              Check on what your shipping cartons have to be made of.
              It might save ya the trouble & expense of having your shipment re-crated.

              .
              "Gone are the days of wooden ships, and Iron men.
              I doubt we'll see either of their likes again".

              Circa 1920.
              Author:
              Unknown US Coast Guard unit Commander.

              Comment


              • #8
                Thanks for the info,
                Now I am worried.
                Tim Beeker,
                T-N-J Industries
                (my side bussiness)

                Miller Synchrowave 350LX with tigrunner
                Esab 450i with wire feeder
                HH135 mig
                Thermal Dynamics cutmaster 51 plasma cutter
                Miller aircrafter 330 - sold
                Marathon 315mm coldsaw
                vertical and horizontal band saws
                table saw
                Dewalt cut off saw
                Sand blast cabinet
                lots of hand grinders
                Harris torch
                beer fridge

                Comment


                • #9
                  We have thousands of Mexicans in our small Indiana town,maybe you could strap your freight on a few of their backs and send them south.I don't know if they could find their way back to Mexico though,they seem to like the weather here,and all their freedom to commit crime.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by tacmig View Post
                    Have your customer arrange shipping! Tell them to have their carrier pick it up at your place of business. This is what I have done. NO LIABILITY!
                    TacMig
                    That's the way I would do it. If you set up the shipping and it gets lost or stolen, they'll look to you to make things right. Uh-uh.

                    Wasn't NAFTA supposed to make all of that possible? LOL
                    Miller Syncrowave 200
                    Milermatic 252
                    Lincoln AC/DC "Tombstone"

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Incoterms

                      Originally posted by tnjind View Post
                      I have been asked to build some fanning magnets for a plant in Mexico. I have built these before for the Corporate main plant in Michigan and sent them to the Alabama plant, so I know they like them.
                      My questions are about shipping, especially across the border, the lady in Mexico sent me an e-mail with the info for their customs broker.
                      I do not mind crating these up and dropping off at a truck terminal, but I do not want to get into a bunch of hassles with this.
                      If anyone has any experience with this sort of thing I would be glad to hear any pointers.

                      Also I am located in Indiana. Thanks, Tim.
                      Next time you get a order like this one, either you crate it using certified wood, OR just specify on the written agrement your TERMS : EXWORKS (which internationally, NAFTA approved language means NOT LIABLE AFTER MERCHANDISE LEFT MY SHOP or WAREHOUSE doors)

                      or TERM: FOB (FREE ON BOARD) Meaning your responsibility ends as soon it is picked up by carrier..
                      A C T I O N ! ! !

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by puddle jumper View Post
                        We have thousands of Mexicans in our small Indiana town,maybe you could strap your freight on a few of their backs and send them south.I don't know if they could find their way back to Mexico though,they seem to like the weather here,and all their freedom to commit crime.
                        WHATS UP WITH YOUR COMMENTS??? are you a racist???

                        why do you generalize every hispano wants or intends to commit crime? dude please read a little educate yourserlf.

                        The United States is called "THE MELTING POT" so many races live here and you have to respect and tolerate all.

                        Yes I am hispanic, have 2 degrees and consider myself a very hard working guy. I love welding and been doing it as a side job for many years.

                        I know many of our fellow welders will have something to say about this, but it is our love to welding and creating stuff what brought us all here so please keep, Racial profiling and any offensive comments to yourself.
                        Last edited by GMAN; 11-27-2007, 09:45 AM.
                        A C T I O N ! ! !

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Tred lightly, VERY LIGHTLY.

                          Originally posted by GMAN View Post
                          WHATS UP WITH YOUR COMMENTS??? are you a racist???

                          why do you generalize every hispano wants or intends to commit crime? dude please read a little educate yourserlf.

                          The United States is called "THE MELTING POT" so many races live here and you have to respect and tolerate all.

                          Yes I am hispanic, have 2 degrees and consider myself a very hard working guy. I love welding and been doing it as a side job for many years.

                          I know many of our fellow welders will have something to say about this, but it is our love to welding and creating stuff what brought us all here so please keep, Racial profiling and any offensive comments to yourself.
                          Be carefull who you call a racist! That term is used to much and resorted to too often, even to the point it has no meaning for many. Yes America is a melting pot and as to your remark " why do you generalize every hispano wants or intends to commit crime?" Any Hispano that is here without papers has commited a crime and continues to do so if they drive, don't pay taxes etc. Hence your quote "educate yourself" goes both ways my friend! This is a VERY VERY big issue and one I wish to stand a side of, however I won't stand by while you critique others comments with little other than your own opinion. And remember tolerance also goes both ways. You must respect others points of view, this shows your tolerance. By writing this reply, you have showed your intolerance and further showed that those two degrees you have may need a little dusting off?

                          I in no way wish to engage you or anyone further about this matter. I simply hope it goes away! In addition "Welcome" live in peace and remember everyone is entitled to have an opinion good, bad or ugly.

                          Also, I can read and write spanish perfect and this is for you "GMAN"

                          Permitirle apenas saber, puedo leer y poder escribir español y discurso con mis trabajadores diarios. Tengo 7 Mexicanos ese trabajo para mí y para yo no tengo un hueso racista en mi cuerpo. ¡De hecho yo poseo aún una casa en el Monterrey! Espero que usted lea este y entienda 2 cosas. 1, muchos Americanos son muy sensibles a este asunto y quizás mejor debe ser dejado un solitario. 2. Yo no significo para bajarse en usted, pero soy un Americano de abidding de ley como yo estoy seguro que usted es. ¡Mi familia ha sido devistated por Mexicanos no-legal y por uno de mis miembros de la familia casi perdió su vida! Yo no tengo rencor y entiendo la naturaleza de la vida y de eso en la mayor parte o bastante para la parte más grande, Mexicanon y Mexicanas son todas personas buenas mirando apenas hacer algo de su vida.

                          TacMig
                          Last edited by tacmig; 11-27-2007, 02:22 PM.
                          We depend On:
                          Miller | Esab | Lincoln | Fronius
                          Baileigh | Drake | Eagle | Knuth
                          Victor | Harris | Smith | Bessey
                          Snap-On | Hilti | Ingersoll Rand
                          Burco/Koco | Onan | BobCat
                          Tracker | Infratrol | AmeriCast

                          We belong to or support:
                          American National Standards Institute
                          American Welding Society
                          The Welding Institute
                          Fabricators & Manufacturing Association Int'l.

                          Anderson & Co. LLC
                          Metal Cr
                          afters

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by tacmig View Post
                            Be carefull who you call a racist! That term is used to much and resorted to too often, even to the point it has no meaning for many. Yes America is a melting pot and as to your remark " why do you generalize every hispano wants or intends to commit crime?" Any Hispano that is here without papers has commited a crime and continues to do so if they drive, don't pay taxes etc. Hence your quote "educate yourself" goes both ways my friend! This is a VERY VERY big issue and one I wish to stand a side of, however I won't stand by while you critique others comments with little other than your own opinion. And remember tolerance also goes both ways. You must respect others points of view, this shows your tolerance. By writing this reply, you have showed your intolerance and further showed that those two degrees you have may need a little dusting off?

                            I in no way wish to engage you or anyone further about this matter. I simply hope it goes away! In addition "Welcome" live in peace and remember everyone is entitled to have an opinion good, bad or ugly.

                            Also, I can read and write spanish perfect and this is for you "GMAN"

                            Permitirle apenas saber, puedo leer y poder escribir español y discurso con mis trabajadores diarios. Tengo 7 Mexicanos ese trabajo para mí y para yo no tengo un hueso racista en mi cuerpo. ¡De hecho yo poseo aún una casa en el Monterrey! Espero que usted lea este y entienda 2 cosas. 1, muchos Americanos son muy sensibles a este asunto y quizás mejor debe ser dejado un solitario. 2. Yo no significo para bajarse en usted, pero soy un Americano de abidding de ley como yo estoy seguro que usted es. ¡Mi familia ha sido devistated por Mexicanos no-legal y por uno de mis miembros de la familia casi perdió su vida! Yo no tengo rencor y entiendo la naturaleza de la vida y de eso en la mayor parte o bastante para la parte más grande, Mexicanon y Mexicanas son todas personas buenas mirando apenas hacer algo de su vida.

                            TacMig

                            Amen Brother,
                            It does not matter if you are from Mexico,China,Russia,Europe or any other country. With a Doctorate under you arm or with no skill sets at all, you go thru the proper procedures for citizenship and simulate into the American Culture. A person makes a choice to enter legally or illegally end of story. This free for all border crossing B-S is a insult to every immigrant who like my grandfather sat on Ellis Island awaiting legal entry to this great country to live the American Dream.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              TacMig, Im trying really hard to figure out what you wrote en Espanol...

                              Something about owning a home somewhere and family being hurt? I dunno. I dont speak or write spansh...

                              TV is gooder than books....
                              Will it weld? I loooove electricity!

                              Miller 251/30A spool
                              Syncro200
                              Spectrum 625
                              O/A
                              Precix 5x10 CNC Router12"Z
                              Standard modern lathe
                              Cheap Chinese mill that does the trick... sort of...
                              horizontal 7x12 bandsaw
                              Roland XC540 PRO III
                              54" laminator
                              hammer and screwdriver (most used)
                              little dog
                              pooper scooper (2nd most used...)

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X