Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Rack

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Rack

Decided we need a better way to organize our gear inside the truck for our Clients.
    About 10' long, 6' tall and 22" wide
    16g tubing for most of it with a mix of Angle and some solid. Painting was a PIA

getting heavier

Those little hammer marks are there on purpose - I did not make a mistake

Comment

Off to the paint Booth

Inna Truck

Comment

The wood Boxes are called Apple Boxes in the Film/TV/Print world since back in the day they actually used real Apple Crates for whatever they needed; Step, small platform etc. Hollywood was surrounded by Orchards.

ya got yer Full, 1/2, 1/4 and Pan Cake Apple box. Couple Milk Crates for Ac Cords.

Last edited by Broccoli1; 04-27-2010, 08:51 PM.

Comment

Ladder goes up top and you can see what the dividers are for- holds 4x8 sheets of Foamcore, Plywood or Plexi.

Comment

Could you run on over to my place and make me more organized when you get finished over there...please

Comment

Come on FusionKing,
              You could do that with one arm tied behind your back.

Great work Ed.

Ji
              Last edited by Jigantor; 04-28-2010, 12:24 AM.

Comment

I like it!

Comment

Very Nice Work. I particularly like the extra hammer marks you "purposely" placed on the steel!

Comment

Ed, this was an excellent post, I can remember years ago, when I first started, building truck and van bodies and racks for specific purposes. Only thing I'd like to add, I generally welded individual chain links, in strategic spots, to make it easier to string bungie cords to hold stuff in. Do them in the right places, it will not interfere with the things that you need to load in.

Comment

Originally posted by FusionKing View Post
                      Could you run on over to my place and make me more organized when you get finished over there...please
                      When he's done at your place he can head on over here. I think that has to be one of the biggest challenges for a lot of us. Every time I think I think I have a handle on the organization thing something changes and I'm back to mess mode again. Really so now with adding 2 lathes to what I have and having to make room for a Bridgeport too.

Comment

Working...
                      X
                      Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.