Corner Rounder

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Corner Rounder

I have a company I do aluminum signs for that recently decided they want all future signs to have rounded corners.
    I have been rounding them with an electric shear to get by and it's getting a little old doing it that way.
    I bought the base of a 1 1/2" corner rounder. I didn't get
    the hand lever deal because I wanted to make it foot operated. So,
    I bought a porta power to operate it. Eventually I want to get an air over
    hydraulic pump but this will do for now.

Got it all built & did a test fit on the table. (Put a new PVC top on the table too so it doesn't scratch the aluminum like the other tables do.

Tore it all apart & sent it off to the paint shop for a deluxe black rattle can paint job.

All back together.

Gave it a try.......works....... This will be much faster.

Comment

Nice job. Your paint shop looks like mine ...Bob
      Bob Wright

Spool Gun conversion. How To Do It. Below.
      http://www.millerwelds.com/resources...php?albumid=48

Comment

Thanks

Yea, my paint booth could use a mowing.

Comment

What's the capacity of this for aluminum and then mild steel? Thanks.

Comment

It's supposed to handle 1/8" aluminum. Not sure what ga. steel, I don't think I'll be using it for that.

Made a catch can so I wouldn't have little corners layin' all over the shop floor. (and gettin' them stuck in my shoe.....and taking them in the house........and....... )

Comment

neat. could you link me to the exact model that you bought from that Lassco Company? Thanks. I'm very interested in getting one, I always wondered about a nice corner cutting like this. 1/8" aluminum is more than enough for me for what i need it for. Thanks a bunch.

Comment

http://www.lasscowizer.com/product_d...p?productid=68

This is it.

Comment

I wanted to get this unit finished so I'd be ready for the next sign order. I got the idea of using a clutch master cylinder instead of the porta power pump. But, when I looked at the capacity it looked like that wasn't gonna' work. Then I found a master cylinder at the parts store (not sure what it fits. Ol' Chevy truck maybe?). I teed both lines together to get the flow I needed & built a frame & linkage out of some of the scrap in that 5 gal. bucket that I just knew I'd use some day. All that's left is to build a shroud for the pump assembly so I don't damage it throwin' stuff under the bench.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GpUO2KGQdGQ

It's not fast, fast but it works and it's hands free.

Comment

Nice job on the rounder. Could you tell me where to get the pvc sheeting?
                    Last edited by CrossJ; 04-28-2010, 10:02 PM. Reason: spelling

Comment

Thanks CrossJ. I get it from my sign supplier.

Comment

Working...
                      X