Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

finished my table

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• finished my table

Gave someone my design and they drew it out and laser cut the top out of 3/8", its 30" x 60". The x pattern spec was from a member here, and I bought the Miller Xclamp to use. There is a bunch of 9/16 holes as well, can't see all of them due to the crappy cell phone pic. Height is around 34". Made a tray for random junk, stainles tubing on the sides for hanging things, and adjustable feet due to my unlevel shop. Add a $3.99 can of canadian tire rust paint (okay, it was a can and a half) and done like dinner. Came out pretty good I think. Can't wait to use the TIG on this as opposed to my wooden folding table with a piece of warped 1/4" plate resting on top.

Matt
    Attached Files

Nice table. I'm assuming the hole cut at the end of each slot means you can lift the clamp out and move it?

Comment

Yep you bet, the clamp just goes in the hole and then you slide er up and down. and I just realized those vice grips on the right look like they are on the ground, they are actually on the right 'tray' that is expanded metal grate or whatever its called.

Comment

Nice table. How much did it cost to get the top cut if you don't mind me asking? I realize that it'll probably be twice as much here in SoCal (unless you're in SoCal too), but I was just curious, because that's a really nice feature. I was thinking of doing slots as well.

Comment

Nice looking table, almost might make a guy not want to use it.

Great work.

Tom

Comment

Great looking table!!! I like the slots for clamping too great idea!

Jack I just spent about an hour looking at your garage that's cool dude!!

Tim

Comment

Originally posted by Hydro View Post
              Great looking table!!! I like the slots for clamping too great idea!

Jack I just spent about an hour looking at your garage that's cool dude!!

Tim
              Jack,

Nice write up on the garage. Your garage makes mine look like a garbage dump.

Charles

Comment

Thanks, guys. It's not usually all cleaned up like you see in the photos, but I try and get it back to the starting point in between projects.

Gratuitous picture:

Now, if I could only find room for a welding table with clamp channels in it, like crawler.

Comment

sorry but what are the X cutouts in the table top for?

Comment

Originally posted by jackh View Post
                    sorry but what are the X cutouts in the table top for?
                    Miller Xclamp.

Comment

Nice!!!
                      Cant wait till you show us your back yard vineyard and winery.
                      Just kidding. But.... I seriously envy people that are as organized as you.
                      My head down, **** bent on productivity mind set, has always gotten in the way of my organizational skills.
                      Cheers to your garage!

Originally posted by Jack Olsen View Post
                      Thanks, guys. It's not usually all cleaned up like you see in the photos, but I try and get it back to the starting point in between projects.

Gratuitous picture:

Now, if I could only find room for a welding table with clamp channels in it, like crawler.

Comment

Nice table ! Where can I get the X pattern that you used - I am thinking I can pester my buddy to cut me one of these tops as I think he has a laser at his work.

Thanks,
                        Lewis

Comment

Jack Olsen, that is one fine looking table! I really like the arch in the lower support. Is that a solid piece that you bent by heating, or a bunch of smaller pieces welded to form the arch? I believe a table like that would be equally at home in the house or the shop.

Comment

Originally posted by fendermender View Post
                            Nice!!!
                            Cant wait till you show us your back yard vineyard and winery.
                            Just kidding. But.... I seriously envy people that are as organized as you.
                            My head down, **** bent on productivity mind set, has always gotten in the way of my organizational skills.
                            Cheers to your garage!
                            Thanks. It's funny, my home office for my day job is a mess, pretty much all the time. But my garage stays clean, in spite of the fact that I do a lot of work in it.

Originally posted by davinci2010 View Post
                            Jack Olsen, that is one fine looking table! I really like the arch in the lower support. Is that a solid piece that you bent by heating, or a bunch of smaller pieces welded to form the arch? I believe a table like that would be equally at home in the house or the shop.
                            Thanks. It's a piece of 2" square tubing with 16ga walls. The rest of the table is thicker steel, but I knew I'd need one piece to bend. I tried bending it with a cheap roll bender, but I didn't get very far because I only had round dies. So I made a series of cuts and then cleaned it up with some body filler.

Sorry for the thread hijack. I'm still trying to think of how I could cut X's in my fold-down welding bench.

Comment

Originally posted by mkehler View Post
                              Gave someone my design and they drew it out and laser cut the top out of 3/8", its 30" x 60". The x pattern spec was from a member here, and I bought the Miller Xclamp to use. There is a bunch of 9/16 holes as well, can't see all of them due to the crappy cell phone pic. Height is around 34". Made a tray for random junk, stainles tubing on the sides for hanging things, and adjustable feet due to my unlevel shop. Add a $3.99 can of canadian tire rust paint (okay, it was a can and a half) and done like dinner. Came out pretty good I think. Can't wait to use the TIG on this as opposed to my wooden folding table with a piece of warped 1/4" plate resting on top.

Matt
                              Matt, great looking table. I want to make one also. What are the 9/16" holes for?
                              John

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.