Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

The forum is currently undergoing maintenance and is in a 'read-only' mode for the time being. Sorry for the inconvenience.

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Retirement Plans & Projects.....

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Retirement Plans & Projects.....

Hey guys,
    Earlier I posted on the Discussion Forum that I have retired as our company has folded due to the economy. That doesn't mean I have retired from welding..... quite the contrary. Being laid-off for a year & a half was kind of a blessing in disguise as my home shop has been busy with repairs & fabbing new crafts. At 66, I don't have the wind, pi$$, & vinegar that I had 30 yrs ago, but I have been able to keep up with the demand for services.

My brother builds race engines for the local drag racers & got me a season pass to take my mobile unit there to do any "fixin" that may need done. I found quite a market for accessories that most of the race guys send away for. I made a list to start estimating material/labor costs to start making some of the items that are good sellers. I started these because of requests & some cost-savings & looks like they're going to do well as well as my profit margin. The first (2) pics are an easy-build aluminum wheel chock & the 3rd pic are the engine lift plates I made with heavier material than those selling in the catalogs. I'll start posting other projects as I make them if there is a demand.

Denny
    Attached Files

Once again, Very nice work Denny. I really like the chock's.

Tom

Comment

Great to hear. Would love to see what else you make. Maybe get my but off the seat....LOL

Comment

Working...
      X
      Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.