Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

The forum is currently undergoing maintenance and is in a 'read-only' mode for the time being. Sorry for the inconvenience.

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Building a grill

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Building a grill

I am working on a grill for my final project in school and i though i would put it all up here. Its is going to be quite nice. 18 by 36 with lid and changeable grilling surfaces. Its going to be gas and im ataching my drawings and bom for it hope fully it works
    Attached Files

Went shopping

today i picked up the plate for the top and the 12 g sheet for the sides only 120 bucks with a little extra metal for a welding bench top. Got to love the local scrap yard 35 cents a pound. =]

Comment

progress

Today i got the rest of the metal. 40 feet of 1x1 by 1/8 angel for frame 20 feet of 3/4 square tube 80 feet of 1/4 round bar 16 feet of 3/8 solid stock all for 40 bucks good deal got it all cut up and going to grind mill scale sat and some assembly on tuesday in class ill post pics as i go

Comment

An update

I know i havent really been posting as i go but i though i show you how its going. The first few pics are of fit up and then some with hardware on the last one is it painted just sitting together. This weekend i will have it all assembled and some final pictures of it. next tue and wed we are cooking out in class on it i cant wait=]. I hope you enjoy the pic and let me know what you think.
        Attached Files

Comment

Looking good, what are you using for paint? Will it hold up to the heat?

Comment

im using engin block paint good for 500 degrees i think it will be good i hope

Comment

POR 15 makes a great high temp paint good to 1200 degrees (Black Velvet) http://www.por15.com/High-Temperatur...ts/products/8/

Comment

Engine enamel will not hold up at grill temperatures. POR-15 is great quality stuff and the price reflects that. if you are on a budget, you can get bbq grill paint at most hardware stores in the paint dept. It is affordable and is designed to hold up to the heat of a grill.

Comment

well i all ready got it primed and painted so well see what happens is gas so it should be ok. i got a little assembly to do and then fire it up on saturday. ill take some pics during the week and post them up here of the final product. Were cooking on tuesday and Wednesday in class as we graduate from College on wed =]=] hopefully landing a job quite soon.

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.