Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

The forum is currently undergoing maintenance and is in a 'read-only' mode for the time being. Sorry for the inconvenience.

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Made a Chop saw and small roller.

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Made a Chop saw and small roller.

Here are a few pics of the chop saw i made the parts for 10 years ago but just got finished. I use it to cut the stainless steel train track for my train bridges. Then i roll it to the right radius on the little track roller. It was hand powered i just added the drive setup from another roller...Bob
    Attached Files

Bob.

That is COOL!

Yeah, I have a few projects that have been lying around awhile myself

For the work on the train stuff you do, I'm sure it works much better than a big, cumbersome one with a thick blade.

Still, after the shaper work I have seen you do, you were already a hero in my book.

Good stuff.

Comment

Very nice! What ratio is the gearbox on the roller?

Comment

Very cool idea, the power roller would be a real nice thing to have.

Is it just my computer or everyones, on the first picture it turns black from the corner and works its way across?

Comment

Originally posted by hockeyguynick View Post
          Is it just my computer or everyones, on the first picture it turns black from the corner and works its way across?
          Mine too!

Comment

Originally posted by davinci2010 View Post
            Very nice! What ratio is the gearbox on the roller?
            Its 60:1 Its the same drive set up that i use on my scroller and my Tennsmith slip rolls. I just move it from machine to machine that i need.

Yes the corner is dark don't know why i thought it was my thumb over the lens on my kids phone...Bob

Comment

Originally posted by aametalmaster View Post

Yes the corner is dark don't know why i thought it was my thumb over the lens on my kids phone...Bob

Yeah, but the black spot moves, I think your photo is possessed, reminds me of that movie the ring haha

Comment

Working...
              X
              Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.