Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

The forum is currently undergoing maintenance and is in a 'read-only' mode for the time being. Sorry for the inconvenience.

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Family

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Family

Never do work for family, you give them a break and they still complain.
    Attached Files

At least with family you can tell them how you feel... Tell a client how you feel and youll never see them again...

Comment

Is your family the feds?

Comment

do you blacksmith also I seen the anvil in the pic. ,I do

Comment

Never loan them money either.

Either give it as a gift where you never expect it to be returned or don't give it.

Then when (or if, depending upon your family) they pay it back, you get money as a 'surprise'.

After a very tough lesson learned, and then making clear that any 'loans' from me were 'gifts', I've always been pleasently suprised.....

Comment

running the "money gift" route instead of a loan tends to ensue a level a guilt to the receiver to which they feel compelled to pay it back... or atleast gets that little "should i pay it back, or not, i mean it was a gift" bug churning in their brains...

ive been surprised more times then not when i use this method. ive even gotten interest returned... lol

Comment

Charlie Brown once said: "all I got was a rock"

Ive given gifts. Big gifts, but ive also gotten them so....
              My brother isnt as well off as I am, He's getting there but not yet so i dont mind helping him out. My GP's helped me, I'll help him.. its that simple.

Comment

i was implying more towards the dang inlaws

Comment

Ohhhhhhh. Wanna trade?

Comment

Originally posted by SignWave View Post
                    Charlie Brown once said: "all I got was a rock"

Ive given gifts. Big gifts, but ive also gotten them so....
                    My brother isnt as well off as I am, He's getting there but not yet so i dont mind helping him out. My GP's helped me, I'll help him.. its that simple.
                    broke, struggling ,no one helps me

Comment

Originally posted by welderman23 View Post
                      broke, struggling ,no one helps me
                      sometimes you have to ask... not always do people see that you're in need. Maybe once in a while, a very long while, somebody will step up to the plate , but thats like finding gold bars under your pillow

Comment

Working...
                      X
                      Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.