Tired of the old compressor taking my floor space

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tired of the old compressor taking my floor space

I was tired of looking at this big thing on my floor so I elevated it. It is just basically a couple of brackets welded on the end of 3" x 4" rectangular tubing I had around. I put a 1 1/8" floor or it to minimize vibration. In addition I used some old scrounged shock absorber rubber parts to cushion it. I turned some special spacers on the lathe to get it the right height.

The most time consuming part was the electrical wiring to it and the copper lines I am running in the shop.

"Lighter Than Air"

Now that's innovative. If anyone asks how it got up there, tell 'em "it's making helium."
    "Bonne journe'e mes amis"

Comment

I wish. Aren't Compressors the pits to handle.

Comment

Originally posted by modela View Post
        I wish. Aren't Compressors the pits to handle.
        Like trying to grab a box full of bowling *****!

I gotta say, that's creative. Looks like a "mezzanine" where you can work on the motor, or reach down and drain the moisture from the tank?
        "Bonne journe'e mes amis"

Comment

The upstairs is a woodshop and you can reach over the balcony to work on it. On the bottom is a tube that connects to an automatic drain. I bought the compressor used, then had to replace the compressor head. I rebuilt the automatic drain yesterday. Now I will see if it works.

Jim

Comment

Originally posted by modela View Post
            On the bottom is a tube that connects to an automatic drain. I rebuilt the automatic drain yesterday. Now I will see if it works.Jim

This auto drain? how does it work and how expensive to put together?
            MM 211 W/ Spoolgun
            Diversion 180
            Spectrum 375 X-TREME
            Portable Victor O/A
            Palmgren Bench Drill Press
            14" Evolution Dry Saw
            IR 60 Gal. 3 HP Compressor
            Speedglas 9100x
            My Brain

Comment

Wilkerson makes this one. It is available through Grainger or on Amazon.com. for about $100. I have another Wilkerson on my other compressor that has a float on it.

Try: http://www.amazon.com/Wilkerson-X51-...2&sr=8-1-fkmr1

Comment

I also heard that Harbor Freight has a cheapie but I don't know anything about it.

Comment

http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/cta...emnumber=46960

9.99 for this. how does it work?
                  MM 211 W/ Spoolgun
                  Diversion 180
                  Spectrum 375 X-TREME
                  Portable Victor O/A
                  Palmgren Bench Drill Press
                  14" Evolution Dry Saw
                  IR 60 Gal. 3 HP Compressor
                  Speedglas 9100x
                  My Brain

Comment

It works on pressure differential when cycling. See: http://www.paragoncode.com/shop/compressor/

It looks like it is linked in with the unloader line where pressure is taken off when the pressure comes up.

The Wilkerson only has an in and out. I am not sure exactly how it works. It was actually fairly complicated inside.

Comment

Working...
                    X