Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

My Shop

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Shop

I just thought I would throw in some pictures of my shop including the metal part and the paint booth. Don't worry, it is not so spic and span. I installed a 3/4 HP Dayton tubeaxial fan above the bench. I hooked it up with a 3-phase motor and a variable speed drive. I cushioned the mounting and added a hood and a shutter system.

The welding bench is set up on 4 large casters that I had around. It is a 4 x 6 x 1/4"tube frame in the shape of an H. Vertical framing uses 2 1/2" x 3" x 1/8" tubing that I had around the shop. The shelf is 1/8" plate steel and the top is 3/8" plate steel. The projection on the left is removable. I am also working on some crank down feet to stabilize the unit. It rolls too easily on the big casters.

Also pictured is a paint booth (powered by 5 hp exhaust fan). It is a bit uglier now having some use.

I also changed my old single grinder stand to be a triple vise/grinder stand. I have done quite a bit more including cabinets, lathe, mill and a woodshop (that is if you guys are into that, too). I will post the pix if others are interested.

Jim

Love the table, and the 2 tone paint on the walls

Comment

Glad to see the pics! I remember when you started making that welding table!!!!!!!!!! Show more pics!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
      X
      Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.